Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Favour: could you click on some of these links and tell me what happens?

• 20-02-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I am doing a bit of testing, and I would really appreciate a little bit of help. It will only take you a few seconds.

Please go to this jobsite and click some of the job advert links.

Could you tell me if you get a timeout or any sort of error?

Thank you. :)

PS Some people have complained they are getting a timeout, but I cannot recreate this issue, and my server load is fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Fine for me (FF 3), from work so not sure what our speed is but it's pretty high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

No hassles here. Tried in FF 3, IE 8 and Chrome.

(Pain in the arse that it opens a new window (IE) or a new Tab (FF/Chrome) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Fine in IE8 (but now my employer will think i'm looking for a new job!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Works for me, but then again, I'm pretty likely to get the same results as you AARRRGH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

clicked 20+ of them, and three times it took 2-3 seconds to load, but no timeouts, and i'm only on a 1meg connection here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thanks every, appreciate the help!

PS Yeah, I should have mentioned it's a jobsite, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

meant to say this before but there's some overlapping going on with the divs in your header on the part-time jobs site

viewing on IE7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bocha

worked fine for me on vista, ff3
    tax managers get paid alot!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    meant to say this before but there's some overlapping going on with the divs in your header on the part-time jobs site

viewing on IE7

Really? I've tried it in lots of browsers and resolutions and it looks ok for me.

Could you post a screenshot?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

bocha wrote: »
    tax managers get paid alot!
    I gave up a career in tax to do web development... Believe me no matter how much they pay you it's not worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IrishBusiness

AOK for me in FF3 and IE8 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Really? I've tried it in lots of browsers and resolutions and it looks ok for me.

Could you post a screenshot?

Thanks
    There ya go!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    There ya go!

Feck, that's bad.

Cheers!

Advertisement