Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Death metal

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭subzero12

hmm kev from veritas by any chance man thats just guess from thee auld musical tastes cause there rather similar to myself. obscura is rather excellent i must say ,
    have you gotten into bloodbath at all . its a shame with opeth being so big they wont get out there as much as they should .
    and its Al by they way if is lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cant believe I forgot about the monsters that are Hate Eternal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bigdeal

Hey has anyone ever heard of 'sleep terror' the band. awsum.
    seriously best ever. just single guitarist with music programmed but he is the craziest and most talented musician.

also like 'spawn of possession' . just these technical metal players influence me so much that i find it difficult to not pick up on everything other people are doing that could be better.

bands like 'necrophagist' are taking giant leaps which the rest of us must aspire towards.

i play metal guitar, and i just can't get technical enough,, but the real challenge is to have it interesting and keep the groove so its still 'catchy'
    when writing new material my band which i wont name argues constructively about every little detail.
    breaks have to be perfect, time changes modulation harmony ect. an i love it.

Anyone else feel like this

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Origin are one of my favourite Tech-Death Bands, playing here in May so if your serious about this stuff I'd go see them, incredible live act their bassist is like a ****ing machine onstage, and Burning Skies may be supporting.

Also, I'd consider Beneath The Massacre a Tech-Death band and not "Deathcore" their newest album is great.

The newer Visceral Bleeding stuff is more techy so you should check them out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Origin are one of my favourite Tech-Death Bands, playing here in May so if your serious about this stuff I'd go see them, incredible live act their bassist is like a ****ing machine onstage, and Burning Skies may be supporting.

Also, I'd consider Beneath The Massacre a Tech-Death band and not "Deathcore" their newest album is great.

The newer Visceral Bleeding stuff is more techy so you should check them out too.

I'm pretty sure you'll find they are deathcore whether you like them or not. Personally I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

The Faceless - Planetary Duality

Despised Icon - The Ills Of Modern Man

Listen to both, cry.

Also, less than tech, more than generic, Decapitated - Organic Hall...(can't spell it)

Ye my band were meant to be playing with ORIGIN in May but my Bassist is unable to play then. Really sucks as i was really looking forward to them. i might go anyway though.
    have every Visceral Bleeding album thanks. I like Beneath The Massacre alot but i dunno, it seems like they tried a little too hard and lacked a little dynamic, but then again its a full force kick in the face.

ye we played with Burning Skies last week with Misery Index there in Fibbers. Was ****ing great. were you there?

The Faceless - Planetary Duality

Despised Icon - The Ills Of Modern Man

Listen to both, cry.

Also, less than tech, more than generic, Decapitated - Organic Hall...(can't spell it)

Organic Hallucinations ha. listen to it Daily on my walk to girlfriends house ha. so good. i think Decapitated are one of my favorite, like from Spears of Madness:
    for the ages of the musicians; despite the extremely technical nature of the music, drummer Vitek was only 15 at the time of recording, and guitarist Vogg and vocalist Sauron were only 18.

15.. god damn. 18. i'm 18 now and thats amazing.
    Like the best Irish bands are Bringing out our Demos E.P.s and maybe first full albums. these boys were so far ahead its not funny.

say faceless last year that was good.
    Dying Fetus.
    Suffocation
    Nile.
    (the old) Cryptopsy

Ohhh ****in... anyone else hate the new name Gorrotted have
    .... The Rotted, i dunno. all my friends hate it too

[/quote]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Looook at that. My friends and brother got to go but i couldnt. next time

• Advertisement

ha the names on the top of the vid.

pale and..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Threads have been merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Necrophagist seem to have no stage presence at all.

Ya was at Misery Index 3rd time seeing them, they just get better each time, hopefully they'll be back during the summer tour.

Necrophagist are one of the few bands I'd excuse for having weak stage presence, that chap Suiçmez is a pure genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

Odious Mortem and Decrepit Birth are my latest vices. They're both fantastic, but entirely dependent on one's mood.

On the slightly technical side but more grind than anything else, people should check out Burning Skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Benighted - Icon

Thought I'd resurrect the auld thread. I must have have listened to Meshuggah's "I" and "Catch-33" about five times each, today; wonderful stuff, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Any Meshuggah reccomendations, man above?

Current Man Above, I bought "Destroy, Erase, Improve" first. It's likely the easiest to absorb, though that's definitely debatable. "I" and "Catch-33" should likely be the last to get a look; they're superb, but a bit esoteric. Here's a classic of theirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOd-T58qHLA

Hopefully you'll enjoy it, mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

I don't tend to go by genres (whatever they are) when it comes to my musical inclinations and experimentations. I've come to realise, as of late however, that I'm mostly to bands of the ilk of Arsis, Decapitated, Neuraxis, The Faceless etcetera.

Anybody else into the likes of these? I adore them. I'd be up for recommendations as well lads/lassies.

On the subject of 'genres' I have to say it gets up my ar*se all these spin-offs from Death Metal, Death Metal was a genre offshoot of Heavy Metal but clearly was a distinct style of music worthy of be labelled a new 'metal', all these spin-offs from Death metal are just some poncy names for Death Metal. Grrrr gets on my t!ts. Im an old skooler death metaller, one band I very rarely seeing getting any covergae or praise is Malevolent Creation. Their second album 'Retribution'
    is one of the most underrated death metal albums I know of.

I get where you're coming from. I'm just working within the confines. Not hugely into Malevolent Creation, though I do enjoy Monstrosity; nice melody to them.

Advertisement