Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on ~1pm City Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Poor fvuker.

Stupid fúcker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Stupid fúcker.

Don't lets go down this road. It's not AH and the guy's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 troubled1

Have they found him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Yeah, hes dead :p

stovelid wrote: »
    Don't lets go down this road. It's not AH and the guy's dead.

:confused:

I'm entirely aware that it's not AH, whether someone is alive or dead does not effect the quality of their character.

I think he is a stupid fúcker for choosing O'Connell Bridge of all places to jump off because so many resources are being utilising now because of this, and grinding the city to a halt.

Whatever outcome he wanted, he didn't need to choose such a resource draining, selfish and attention seeking way of achieving it - and for this he is a stupid fúcker, imo.

• Advertisement

I think he is a stupid fúcker for choosing O'Connell Bridge of all places to jump off because so many resources are being utilising now because of this, and grinding the city to a halt.
    Whatever outcome he wanted, he didn't need to choose such a resource draining, selfish and attention seeking way of achieving it - and for this he is a stupid fúcker, imo.

Perhaps the Samaritans should rustle up an advisory on the topic:

Depressed enough to kill yourself? - Please consider city centre traffic management issues before doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

:confused:

I'm entirely aware that it's not AH, whether someone is alive or dead does not effect the quality of their character.

I take it you have never considered working for the Samaritans?

Poor bloke. I'm sure there's lots of people who are feeling like he was right now so don't be cúnts about it because it could be one of your friends or family next time.

The fact he jumped into the liffey at around lunch time just shows you how bad his state of mind was.

Collie D wrote: »
    I take it you have never considered working for the Samaritans?

Why?

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Poor bloke. I'm sure there's lots of people who are feeling like he was right now so don't be cúnts about it because it could be one of your friends or family next time.

The fact he jumped into the liffey at around lunch time just shows you how bad his state of mind was.

Yeah, I mean no one has to do any work on a Friday after Lunch. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 troubled1

Wow you guys are harsh!

Why?

You don't seem very sympathetic. As Rojomcdojo said the guy more than likely has family or friends. God knows what frame of mind he was in.

Im not, its very very unfortunate. Just cracking a joke. All apologies.

You don't seem very sympathetic. As Rojomcdojo said the guy more than likely has family or friends. God knows what frame of mind he was in.

I am sympathetic that he felt the need to harm himself and I feel sympathy for his loved ones.

It frustrates me that he felt the need to chosen such an attention seeking, resource draining method, specifically going to the busiest bridge in the city and country and causing the city center to grind to a halt.

For example: when people jump off a bridge in front of an oncoming train?
    Why bring so much stress and trauma on the train driver, and to a less extend the passengers. Why bring them into the equation?

I am sympathetic that he felt the need to harm himself and I feel sympathy for his loved ones.

It frustrates me that he felt the need to chosen such an attention seeking, resource draining method, specifically going to the busiest bridge in the city and country and causing the city center to grind to a halt.

For example: when people jump off a bridge in front of an oncoming train?
    Why bring so much stress and trauma on the train driver, and to a less extend the passengers. Why bring them into the equation?

Fair enough but I doubt the last thing he was thinking of was how long it would take somebody to drive home.

Fair enough but I doubt the last thing he was thinking of was how long it would take somebody to drive home.

Perhaps he did though? I mean - he did make a journey to O'Connell Bridge in order to jump off it.

I very much doubt that he was simply walking across O'Connell Bridge and then thought - 'ah fúck this' - and jumped in within the moment.

I think he most likely set out to cause the commotion whilst killing himself/making a cry for help.

I think he most likely set out to cause the commotion whilst killing himself/making a cry for help.

Ah, come on. I can see this descending into a stupid argument so I'll leave it at that. Been a rough day

Do you seriously believe he was unaware that he had chosen the busiest intersection in the city/country as the place to travel to in order to put himself in harms way?

Srsly?
    Was he a tourist or something?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Degsy wrote: »
    Lets all throw ourselves into the river.
    Throw ourselves willingly to escape all this hideousness.

Throw yourself into the river darling, you haven't got a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Perhaps he did though? I mean - he did make a journey to O'Connell Bridge in order to jump off it.

I very much doubt that he was simply walking across O'Connell Bridge and then thought - 'ah fúck this' - and jumped in within the moment.

You've obviously never been severely depressed...

He was probably so far gone that he was just walking across O'Connell Bridge and thought "fúck this" and jumped in at that second. Maybe he just got made redundant and felt like he couldn't live anymore...

• Advertisement

You've obviously never been severely depressed...

And I've never considered working with the Samaritans.
    Making such definitive claims is a bit silly.
    You don't know me and I don't know you.
    I don't pertain to know you though.
    He was probably so far gone that he was just walking across O'Connell Bridge and thought "fúck this" and jumped in at that second.

Possibly yep, however it seems highly unlikely to me.
    He just so happen to choose probably the busiest intersection in the whole country, let's not be naive.

[quote=adrieanne__x[/quote]
    Maybe he just got made redundant and felt like he couldn't live anymore...[/quote]

Yea maybe, let's start speculating.

And you havn't been?

Just toss off back to AH

Well you started the speculation by saying he intentionally tried to disrupt the city today. Even if he did, boo f*cking hoo. He is dead, a few people got caught up in traffic. Who came off worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭katzenjammer

There's a severe lack of it in the news.... Has anything been confirmed?

And you havn't been?

No.
    Just toss off back to AH

Perhaps you could try arguing point like a grown up instead of throwing your toys out of the pram?
    Well you started the speculation by saying he intentionally tried to disrupt the city today.

I didn't start any speculation. I said he choose to jump off O'Connell bridge, that isn't speculation, that's fact.
    Even if he did, boo f*cking hoo. He is dead, a few people got caught up in traffic. Who came off worse?

Him?
    What is your point?

It was entirely unnecessary for him to jump off the busiest bridge in the land of all bridges/methods of harming himself.
    I don't understand why anybody feels the need to impact so many other unrelated people negatively when it's entirely and wholly unnecessary.

Does that mean I am not sympathetic towards him?
    No, it does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

There's a severe lack of it in the news.... Has anything been confirmed?

Suicides generally arent reported in the news for different reasons. It was on the news sites earlier because no one really knew what was going on, whether it was an accident or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

It was entirely unnecessary for him to jump off the busiest bridge in the land of all bridges/methods of harming himself.
    I don't understand why anybody feels the need to impact so many other unrelated people negatively when it's entirely and wholly unnecessary.

Perhaps a civil action can be taken against his family?

Or an unmarked grave might suffice as an adequate punishment, even.

stovelid wrote: »
    Perhaps a civil action can be taken against his family?

Or an unmarked grave might suffice as an adequate punishment, even.

Both good ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Whatever outcome he wanted, he didn't need to choose such a resource draining, selfish and attention seeking way of achieving it - and for this he is a stupid fúcker.

And you are the most disgustingly insensitive moron I have ever witnessed. Let's hope you never lose someone to suicide or are unfortunate enough to feel like ending your life. You mightn't feel so smug then Mr Rigger.

Advertisement