Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on ~1pm City Centre

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

That's exactly what I thought and almost wanted to say when I posted in that thread. But I heard, someone saw him actually jumping from the bridge??

And if it is that someone had jumped: You are usually very desperate if you want to commit suicide. So you don't really care about the consequences for others and it's a cry for help. So if he decided for O'Connell Bridge then probably because he was hoping for help.

Just my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Although no expert on dublin tides,would it possible for someone to just float away into dublin bay in a short time? My inital thought was that some nutter was making a crank call,giving that the reports listed here say 'a person said someone jumped off O'connell bridge'. I know we all keep our heads down these days but surely more than one person saw the jumper,hopefully I'm right and it was a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

And you are the most disgustingly insensitive moron I have ever witnessed. Let's hope you never lose someone to suicide or are unfortunate enough to feel like ending your life. You mightn't feel so smug then Mr Rigger.

Evidently you haven't read or you haven't understood what I've written.

I am sympathetic to his plight, I've stated that a number of times.

Have you simply chosen to disregard where I've stated that?
    And yet to believe when I say I believe he was a stupid fúcker?

You should give everything I say the same level of credence, If I held no sympathy for him - I would say exactly that.
    And you are the most disgustingly insensitive moron I have ever witnessed.

Inane name calling.
    This is the humanities forum, you don't have to agree with me and I don't have to agree with you, but you could at least attempt to do it as an adult.
    Let's hope you never lose someone to suicide or are unfortunate enough to feel like ending your life.

That'd show me, wouldn't it?!

Again, as stated to other posters who don't know me - you don't know me!
    You and they sound incredibly foolish making presumptions about someone you know nothing about, regardless of their accuracy or inaccuracy, it's inconsequential.
    You mightn't feel so smug then Mr Rigger.

I don't feel smug now either.
    Are you insinuating that I am pleased this man brought harm to himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Thankfully I have better things to do with my time than to enter into multi-quote battles with you. Suffice to say, quit trying to justify your nonsense with bumbling sh1te posing as logic. Oh and spare me the ''you obviously don't understand" rubbish -the problem being I understand all too well. Perhaps I might consider taking you seriously when you develop some basic awareness -I'd start with checking what forum you're in because, *surprise* it's not humanities. ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd start with checking what forum you're in because, *surprise* it's not humanities. ffs.

True, it is. Regardless, you're posting in a manner that to my knowledge is against the rules in all forums, except The Thunderdome. Read the stickies.
    Thankfully I have better things to do with my time than to enter into multi-quote battles with you. Suffice to say, quit trying to justify your nonsense with bumbling sh1te posing as logic. Oh and spare me the ''you obviously don't understand" rubbish -the problem being I understand all too well. Perhaps I might consider taking you seriously when you develop some basic awareness

I understand now.
    You don't have the ability to be objective on this subject, likely due to your experiences.
    You are misdirecting your frustrations.

I am sympathetic towards your loss, genuinely.
    Believe what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The-Rigger, take it easy, some people you are arguing with may have been affected by suicide. The way in which this happened and where it happened may have inconvenienced people. This shows us that the deceased was terribly terribly troubled, it doesn't prove anything about his IQ or stupidity.

Dubtom, on an ebbing tide you would be out in the bay in no time.

This is so weird and it might sound like I'm lying(Actually feels surreal) but my mam came in just there and told me about a suicide of someone she knew the other day. They threw themselves into the liffey.

Sounds like he'd been having a hard time in general and was so depressed he hardly knew what was going on. They only found his body today though she said? I don't know. Don't really wanna say too much on here.

I think I might have met him once or twice before as a kid but I didn't know him or anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

The-Rigger wrote: »
    You don't have the ability to be objective on this subject, likely due to your experiences.
    You are misdirecting your frustration. Believe what you will

Please don't patronise me. As you've said yourself, people don't know you and nor do you now me so you can take your mindless assumptions and false sincerity elsewhere. It's clearly entirely alien to you that one might have the capacity to, *shock horror* feel empathy towards others beyond what they are directly affected by themselves.

Oh and just to clarify, I do believe what I "will"
    -I'm certainly not awaiting permission from you and also, it's quite clear where my frustration is directed, you're just too deluded to notice.

It was never my intention to de-rail this thread so I'll be leaving it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

stovelid wrote: »
    Perhaps a civil action can be taken against his family?
    Probably? It happens in Japan, you jump in front of a train there your family pays for the the subsequent damage/clean up. This has actually reduced the number of jumpers there.

This article mentions it:
    http://www.itfglobal.org/transport-international/ti11tracks.cfm
    JR East(East Japan Railway Company), ... in common with other rail companies, ... charges the families of suicide victims for any damage caused by the accident.

I can see where The Rigger is coming from to be honest. Although a bit of travel chaos is no big deal what about the poor cnut who has to drag you out of the liffey or when you jump in front of a train the driver/passengers who see your last moments on earth before you are dragged down the train tracks and under the train? Then the crew who has to clean up your barely recognisable corpse? Or when you hang yourself the family member who finds you and then has to cut you down? Or when you use a gun and again a close family member finds you and then who ever has to clean up the bloody mess?

I am sorry for him and his family but ending your life so it impacts so greatly/badly on other individuals psychologically, scarring them for the rest of their lives is selfish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

I agree, if you are going to end your life, then please keep your loved ones in mind and don't take anyone else into it unneccesarily.

Was there another one yesterday at around 5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Poloman

As mentioned before if you are in that state of mindset you dont have loved ones and you dont care what happens as you are about to die therefore it is irrelevant what damage or carnage you cause others etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Poloman wrote: »
    As mentioned before if you are in that state of mindset you dont have loved ones and you dont care what happens as you are about to die therefore it is irrelevant what damage or carnage you cause others etc.

And for that god will judge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I think this thread has run its course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I think this thread has run its course

How very profound of you. Would you like to be a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Varkov wrote: »

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Varkov wrote: »
    Is that just your god or can anyones god join in on the judgement,if so I'll let mine know. Oh wait,mine doesn't judge.Best leave the judging to yours.

Advertisement