Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Suggestions for Woolen Mat

Options
  • 20-02-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering if anybody could offer any helpful suggestions for "cleaning" and more so "de -odourising " a large wool sitting room mat where somebody has gotten sick on ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

You could hire a carpet cleaner from a hire shop or Homebase. They are very effective, but if it's really a woolen mat you would need to test a small area first. Not usually any problems using them because they don't use hot water and they leave the carpet almost dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

i used a steam cleaner that i bought in lidl to clean carpet in m car. cleaned everything perfectly and my car was filthy! bought steam cleaner in lidle for 90 bucks!

Advertisement