Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpretation of Accounts...Accounting

Options
  • 20-02-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,394 ✭✭✭✭

LC'ers, and more specifically accounting students, just wondering would any of you have the time to quickly put up the formulae for some of the ratios that appear in this question. I ask because I've a mid-term in an accounting module in college next week(module is easier than LC higher level, and Ord. level mostly too), but the notes of my lecturer aren't good. Would need them kinda like how ya write them out, or else if its something divided by another, just the forward slash(/) will do. Would be very grateful.

Main ones needed are: Crrent Ratio, Acid-Test/Quick ratio, dividend per share, dividend cover ratio, earnings per share.

If someone had some of the others too, it'd be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Most of them are listed here:

http://cpaclass.com/fsa/ratio-01a.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,394 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ams wrote: »
    Most of them are listed here:

http://cpaclass.com/fsa/ratio-01a.htm

Thanking you very much, couldn't find them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MarkDurc

Is it only Shareholder or Debenture they can ask you in the theory of Ratios?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

MarkDurc wrote: »

They can ask for banks as well. For example, would a bank grant a loan etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

MarkDurc wrote: »

Dividends
    Rate of Stock Turnover

and a few more

• Advertisement
Advertisement