Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Proccessing Challenges?

• 20-02-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Some of us have been active in this thread, helping Crispin out with some post processing advice. He had no problem with people giving his original shot a going over so a few of us tried our hand at it for him.

Hussey then mentioned that it might be fun to a challenge based around this, we all take the same image and then go off and do post production on it and see how every one does.

Would this type of thing interest people it all? It's essentially a low effort challenge, no need to find the photos at they would be provided etc.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm sure this was mentioned before and never really hit off,i'd be up for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

could be the next photo challenge, (as seen here http://www.photographyireland.net/viewtopic.php?t=5735 )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Dragan wrote: »
    Some of us have been active in this thread, helping Crispin out with some post processing advice. He had no problem with people giving his original shot a going over so a few of us tried our hand at it for him.

Hussey then mentioned that it might be fun to a challenge based around this, we all take the same image and then go off and do post production on it and see how every one does.

Would this type of thing interest people it all? It's essentially a low effort challenge, no need to find the photos at they would be provided etc.

Any thoughts?

I think it is a great idea. I found the original thread really opened up new ideas for processing an image for me. It was great to get people's interpretation of one image. I think what would also be really useful is for people to give a brief sentence or 2 on how they did their conversion too if this were to be a regular thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sounds fun, I'd be interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

It was quite good last time, well worth someone starting a new thread. It'd be nice to have something other than a landscape to work on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Sign me up. The photo up for processing would want to be of a pretty high resolution though. Small jpgs don't stand up too well to judicious processing.

yep you'd have to be comfortable sharing the raw file, or at least a full res unprocessed jpg.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Seems like a good idea. We have the Challenge Forum.

Would you put up a RAW file to download?

Should think of the rules too, like can you add elements to the image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I guess the first thing to do is try and come up with a straight from the camera image. If people like, i can try and find something either in my old stuff, or produce something this weekend, that people might find interesting?

Seeing as it's me who made the thread, i will take the responsibility for producing an interesting shot for us to play with.

One of the rules will be, if you win, the onus is on the winner to provide the shoot the next time out?

It will only be fair to have people involved who are willing to contribute in this way.

What say you boardsies?

I guess rules wise, there are none....it's really a case of whatever you want to do with the original image, you can do?

Yup, i think it's a good idea that whoever wins gets to provide the next shot.

Maybe it'd be worth having people list the changes they made, they could show a screenshot of the layers palette in photoshop or the settings in lightroom, or gimp, or whatever you use...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

...cool idea !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Get snapping Dragan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Yep. Good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I like it and I can host it with the other challenges if you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Moving this over to Photo Challenges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

DarrenG wrote: »
    I like it and I can host it with the other challenges if you want.

Excellent! I would make the suggestion that whoever provides the starting image,in this case me, hosts it whereever they choose for people to be able to access it, and make sure your creative commons is set to allow derivatives of their work but retain copyright in every other way? I believe this is an option in most places.

That way, anyone who might be a bit shy about offering something over for such a Challenge would know their interests are protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'd be happy to submit an image!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yes I'll like to do this too, I'm still learning the ropes of PP, and I'm always interested in these things.

I'd also like to know how people PP'd it ... nothing too detailed, just a brief overview?

I'd be well up for this aswell,it'll be fascinating to see all the varying styles.There were some interesting results last time,who was it that photoshopped a ferris wheel into the landscape :D

Advertisement