Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump??

Options
  • 20-02-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have got a shower over a bath it works when u turn on the hot or cold tap of the bath water heated by the immersion. The pressure isint great though.

1 I was wondering is it possible to fit an electric pump that would increase pressure to taps and hance to the shower?

2 If so would pump be located under the bath or in hot press where immersion tank is?

3 What size pump would u need. Its 3 bed semi-det house?

Thanks in advance for replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

JOHNPT wrote: »
    Hi

I have got a shower over a bath it works when u turn on the hot or cold tap of the bath water heated by the immersion. The pressure isint great though.

1 I was wondering is it possible to fit an electric pump that would increase pressure to taps and hance to the shower?

2 If so would pump be located under the bath or in hot press where immersion tank is?

3 What size pump would u need. Its 3 bed semi-det house?

Thanks in advance for replies

I was going to post a similar thread! On top of what you have said, I was wondering if it is possible to merge the water heating with the central heating(gas) as I am sick of having to wait hours for the water to heat up!

hope you dont mind me slightly hi-jacking:p

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

OP: Yes you can boost the pressure from your taps but you will probably have to boost all your taps at once. The pump can be fitted in the hotpress beside your cylinder. Depending on how your house is piped you would redirect the pipe out of the top of your cylinder into the pump and then on to your taps. You would have to do the same with the cold pipe.
    Suggestion on pump would be: Monsoon ST66 1.8 Bar pump.

orchidsrpretty: I dont quite understand your question, but your gas heating should already be heating your cylinder. If not its very odd to have gas fired heating and not having it heat the cold water.
    If it isnt then you would probably have to change your cylinder in the hotpress to one with an indirect coil so the boiler can heat the water and rads at the same time. Any plumber in your area should be able to advise you on the best way to do this and how much it would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Thanks, I was unsure if I needed to get the gas people out or a plumber would do. It is very odd as the house is only about 5 years old but there is two seperate switches for the water and the heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

I made same query to a plumber and he advised me that i would have to change my standard 20l tank to a 30l tank to be able to supply enough hot water to shower head.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

There are various pumps on the market that will boost pressure all depends on how much you want to spend , from 200e to 900e wheather they are for a shower or all round the house , i fitted a power shower recently and went from a dribble to a full hotel power shower in an afternoon ! its handy being a plumber any questions fire away .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

We bought a new house there 2 years ago. (slightly overpriced it seems........) Anyway, I had the ssme situation and got a pump fitted. The pipes feeding my bath from the hotspress were seperate to the pipes feeding the rest of the house. The plumber came along and fitted a small pump. (e200 in b&q) and now the pressure is great. Much better than the en suite. I did also have to get the electrician to fit a socket in the hotpress for this though.

You should check if the pipes in your hotpress are the same as this was a much smaller and cheaper job than any of the other options.

Advertisement