Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Halo like?

Options
  • 20-02-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Going there tonight with a friend of mine who's coming to visit and I've never been. Any good?

Edit: If it helps we're guys, both 22.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

22 goto cp's more chance with less effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

its not great, totally overhyped in my opinion, the graphics arent great you're better off buying quake

I like Halo, never had a bad night in there. To be honest having grown out of cp's, which I used to love during college and very rarely went any where else, Halo is the only club I go to in Galway other wise its late bars. Cuba and GPO(only there once in 4 years of college) are unreal s***e and Karma is only alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

dapto1 wrote: »
    Going there tonight with a friend of mine who's coming to visit and I've never been. Any good?

Depends on your character. Halo is the most pretentious club in Galway with CP's not that far behind. You can get away with a bit more in CP's though so for 22 ya might prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

axiom32 wrote: »
    22 goto cp's more chance with less effort

I'd say 22 is a bit old for CP's.

Saturday night can be a bit of a sausage fest in Halo but otherwise it's a decent club, for Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Only ever been to Halo once. Enjoyed it the one time I was there, well from what i can remember anyway :pac:

AFAIK it has a bit of a reputation now as a pretencious - posers hangout, older crowd aswell i think so maybe CPs might suit you better. Really depends on yourselves to be honest!

Have a good night whatever ya get up to though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Its balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Its probably the one nightclub in Galway that loosely resembles a real nightclub and not a student nightclub.

That said, all the clubs in Galway are basically ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

It sucks royal dick. Full of popped collar assholes. Go to a late bar or something like that. Try the Roisin Dubh, it aint half bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

It all depends on what your into, its your typical generic nightclub so it may suit. If your just after booze,birds and chart music its probably the best around. Just note if your after women avoid anywhere west of the bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

It sucks royal dick. Full of popped collar assholes. Go to a late bar or something like that. Try the Roisin Dubh, it aint half bad.

But what if we're popped collar assholes?! And I'm not Spanish or a crusty so the Róisin is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Its probably the one nightclub in Galway that loosely resembles a real nightclub and not a student nightclub.
    Very true imo. Mind I haven't been to Karma in ages, used to like it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

'Just note if your after women avoid anywhere west of the bridge'..what does that mean ?:confused:

Roisin Dubh -there just the once. Why does it get so many foreigners ?(spanish as mentioned earlier)

'Just note if your after women avoid anywhere west of the bridge'..what does that mean ?:confused:

That's the gay district.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Samurai wrote: »
    its not great, totally overhyped in my opinion, the graphics arent great you're better off buying quake

i'm surprised you're not getting flamed by a load of halo fanboys over this. but this was originally a quake forum i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

But what if we're popped collar assholes?! And I'm not Spanish or a crusty so the Róisin is out.

Well then you know the place to go......:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's the gay district.

We have an entire gay district now?

Maybe some people would rather in a place full of popped collar ass holes. Than the hippies(roisin,cuba) and knackers(GPO) which are found in other places in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 banthebrick

That's the gay district.

well if gays are into lapdancing women these days i suppose it is :rolleyes:
    one gay bar doesn't make a "district"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TheDollyParton

well if gays are into lapdancing women these days i suppose it is :rolleyes:
    one gay bar doesn't make a "district"

The one gay bar hasn't been open for more than a year, making the initial ludicrous suggestion even more ridiculous and ignorant. Actually, given the lap dancing club and sex shop I would have thought it one of the more heterosexually charged areas of town.

Also, there are plenty of non-hippy Irish people in the Roisin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Crusties and hipsters?

The one gay bar hasn't been open for more than a year, making the initial ludicrous suggestion even more ridiculous and ignorant. Actually, given the lap dancing club and sex shop I would have thought it one of the more heterosexually charged areas of town.

Don't get your knickers in a twist love, I'm far from ignorant. It was a flippant remark. This is the internet. Welcome, you seem to be a decade late.

So Halo was good, anyway. Signed up for that membership card for 25 euro, which give you 25 euro credit at the bar and free entry. Seems good value. The ratio of girls to guys was excellent! Bouncers were cool, and most of the bar staff that I dealt with seemed sound. Recommend it.

towel401 wrote: »
    i'm surprised you're not getting flamed by a load of halo fanboys over this. but this was originally a quake forum i suppose

I thought the Quake joke was quality, in fairness.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Crusties and hipsters?

Textbook! :D

We have an entire gay district now?

Galway should have a gay district, they're great craic. Where would be good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

'Just note if your after women avoid anywhere west of the bridge'..what does that mean ?:confused

Very slim pickings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

padi89 wrote: »
    Very slim pickings

Hardly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Maybe some people would rather in a place full of popped collar ass holes. Than the hippies(roisin,cuba) and knackers(GPO) which are found in other places in Galway.

GPO isn't really a knacker club, it isnt the best looking club I'l give you that, but its mainly a student club in my experience.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Hardly

You can see what he means though, if someone is going out with the sole intention to get a woman, they're hardly going to go to the Bierhaus or Massimos, they're going to go to CPs or the GPO.

• Advertisement

dmcg90 wrote: »
    GPO isn't really a knacker club, it isnt the best looking club I'l give you that, but its mainly a student club in my experience.

You haven't been there on a Saturday, have you?!

Advertisement