Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Halo like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Hardly

Ah come on now its common knowledge that there are much more and better looking women the other side of the river. While it may not be your scene its blatantly obvious, if your heading west on the pull good luck to ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I suppose.I tend to forget that Im devastatingly handsome and could pull in a convent.ahhaha-sorry it made me laugh.Just trying to keep the party going folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Samurai wrote: »
    its not great, totally overhyped in my opinion, the graphics arent great you're better off buying quake

:):):) excellent

I used to "DJ" there to some of the most boring people in the world. I personally do not like that place one bit, always felt it was full of people showing off how much money they had!
    One woman wrote me a letter of complaint because I wouldn't play any U2.
    If you like music don't go there! If you like to go somewhere devoid of atmosphere and like to spend a night talking about mortgages & the fiscal situation of east asia it's the place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

The music was rubbish alright. That's brilliant about the woman writing the letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

dapto1 wrote: »
    The music was rubbish alright. That's brilliant about the woman writing the letter!

It was amusing alright, mentioned that if i really knew my job i would know that U2 are the biggest band in the world and that i should be playing them as a result.
    The time on the email/letter was the following day. that means this woman got up after a night out and felt the need to make a complaint over one song not being played, as if there wasn't worse things in the world to be more concerned about! For me typifying the type of customer that went there and one of the many reasons i had to get out of the place!

btw: at the time, coldplay were outselling U2. nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I LOLed at some of the comments - I call the West shabby chick of Galway -Rosins is much cooler than any other clubs IMO. While like many people appreciate nice clothes and and looking good - scantily clad folk that are dressed to impress rather than going out and having fun just seems a tad sad. Can do both and listin to good music aswell.
    Cellar can be good on ocassion - a bit gay and might have too many hippys and crustys for some peoples pallate though :D

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I LOLed at some of the comments - I call the West shabby chick of Galway -Rosins is much cooler than any other clubs IMO. While like many people appreciate nice clothes and and looking good - scantily clad folk that are dressed to impress rather than going out and having fun just seems a tad sad. Can do both and listin to good music aswell.
    Cellar can be good on ocassion - a bit gay and might have too many hippys and crustys for some peoples pallate though :D

The roisins alright but can be up its own backside on occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Halo was full of really young girls lastnight seemingly, my sister was in the queue and left and is significantly younger than me, not good! So I'd say pubs are definetely the way forward!

Halo was full of really young girls lastnight seemingly, my sister was in the queue and left and is significantly younger than me, not good! So I'd say pubs are definetely the way forward!

Young girls you say?

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Young girls you say?

Is that you Pedobear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

its not great, totally overhyped in my opinion, the graphics arent great you're better off buying quake
    Coogan comes up from Cork and OWNS the thread~!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

HALO is full of pretentious Celtic Tiger materialistic twats, I wouldn't go into that kip full of knob heads if I was paid.

Pub07 wrote: »
    HALO is full of pretentious Celtic Tiger materialistic twats, I wouldn't go into that kip full of knob heads if I was paid.

Not having a go at you old boy but there is a lot places that dont cater for the aforementioned crowd but are equally pretentious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

This guy definitely missed the boat >_<

This guy definitely missed the boat >_<

Or maybe you did old boy:)

Advertisement