Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts RSS Feed is borked

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Weird, just extra linebreaks being output, XML data is still there.

Couldn't tell ya why, haven't made any code changes to adverts.ie today. Might magically fix itself, might not.

*adds to list*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Ok, this hasn't "fixed itself" so I guess it's time to put it on the immediate agenda.

Code seems fine, loading a "test" feed without referencing adverts.ie at all produces the same error, none of the code involved has changed for two years.

It's definitely hammering out a couple of linebreaks ahead of the file though. The raw XML file is being produced correctly.

Edit: maybe not being produced correctly... not a lot of ads in that feed... hmm.

I haven't a breeze what's going on yet.

Ugh, as I suspected, not a code problem, something server side (although I find it hard to believe that five servers would all display the same problem, perhaps a .htaccess directive). Verified by the fact that every PHP script on adverts.ie is outputting two linebreaks ahead of it, it just happens that it only causes problems when it's XML output.

The combined efforts of myself, Cloud and ecksor have not solved this one yet, still working on it though.

• Advertisement

Fixed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

So what was it that caused it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement