Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaaahhhh, Down with this type of thing

• 20-02-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7901758.stm

The headline of this article infuriates the hell out of me :mad: - "Xbox killer given life sentence".

Before you even read the article, you're already conjuring up images of some wierdo coming out of his darkened room just long enough to inflict death upon some unsuspecting punter.

How about changing the title to "Another scumbag killer given life sentence"

Come on, in fairness, according to this article, the only aspect in which the xbox was involved was that it was a stolen item. If it was an iPod, would they be labelling it an Apple Killer?

Phew, rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

It was Playstation killer on the Sky website.... nothing like accurate journalism :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah in fairness, I was expecting worse than that. It was an argument over the console itself.

I was expecting an article like "I dismembered him one limb at a time because I saw it in Dead Space".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

TBH he looks like an exceptionally inbred ogre.

I read the article and dont actually recall anything about an xbox... :confused:

Advertisement