Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker motgage question.

Options
  • 20-02-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Hope someone can helpme out here:
    I transfered my motgage to a new provider in March 08. I was on a tracker mortgage of ECB+0.75%.
    While on the internet the other day I noticed it said it was a discount rate. I rang the bank and they said the discount period finishes on March 8th and then I can decide between a tracker of ECB+2.5% or I could just go variable which would work out cheaper for me!!!

I explained to the guy that obviously they are trying to desuade me from the tracker option so ECB rate cuts don't have to be passed on with variable accounts etc...

My question is:
    I didn't spcifically ask for a discount when I bought the product last year. Surely if I got a discount, once the discount is over I should revert to the tracker rate on offer at the time????

Is this the case as I'm sure tracker mortgages were cheaper at the time and now I'm not sure if they're even still on offer from this bank to new customers.

do I have a case?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

id check your loan offer,
    but i would say that you are only able to get the tracker available now, and not what was on offer when you drew down.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

jarvis wrote: »
    do I have a case?

Thanks

No. Unless your letter of offer says otherwise.

Advertisement