Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl keeps disconnecting

Options
  • 20-02-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

i think the problem lies with teh wireless dongle thing as its taken a few knocks lately.. but every 10mins or so wireless connection icon goes dead in icon tray.. but the netgear thing continues to look like its working green screen.. any ideas... xboxlive is working fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

and i have to take the dongle out and put it back in to recconect..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

most likely a neighbour with some kind of new 2.4ghz equipment interfering.

could be anything from wifi to bluetooth, video senders, dect home phones or even (or so i'm told) microwaves. anything that operates on a wireless frequency of 2.4ghz could be blocking your signal.

had someone with a new router in my vicinity and not only did they knock out my own wifi (totally, dead as a door nail till i changed frequencies) but it also keeps interfering with our dect phones and has ruined our video sender signal to boot. :mad:

try changing to a different wireless channel on your router and then reconnect and see how it is.

make sure you have an ethernet cable handy in case you can't reconnect wirelessly, as can happen and just keep trying new channels till you find one with a good solid signal.

or course it might just be your dongle on the fritz, but it's always worth a go. i'm a big fan of choosing the free options first! :)

Advertisement