Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i hate spurs

Options
  • 20-02-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

okay ket me justify what i mean by this. Ive been a fan since early eighties, great days of hoddle, archibald, ossie etc... but never in all my years have i ever felt the way i do about our club at the moment. After last nights defeat my missus asked me why i care anymore because since we've been together (over 8 years) the team has never failed to dissapoint me and let me down... the one surprise in those eight years was last years cup win. It got me thinking and i can honestly say that i hate, and i mean i would shout abuse at them in the street and have done at the lane, 9 players at the club. This was then in my head counted off against another 8 that i like and the rest i dont give a sh1te about them. It really is a sad state of realization to come to when you actually despise so many players that turn out for your own team. but this is the thing. It is not the results that are upseting me and stiring such emotions, lets be honest we are going to stay up and we all know it, but its these f*cking players... Im not going to list the 'golden circle' of hate that i have but i am at the lowest eb that tottenham has ever brought me to and more and more im starting to not give a sh1t how we do...

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players/player_profiles.html

ovf these players i like 8 players. and some of those have hot and cold days. i want to like another 2 or 3 but....cant! dont like10 and that includesall the new faces of the young lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

looking at that list my hate list has gone to 11. bunch of cnts all of them....:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We are fans. That means we take the good with the bad. Granted its pretty bad at the moment, and our performances in recent matches have been terrible, but we just need to ride the storm i think. It will get better (it cant get all that much worse tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ha ha, I feel the same way most of this season (and last). Another shíte performance last night and out of Europe again. And I'm not convinced that we'll stay up this season. In terms of mental strength, we're probably the weakest team in the Premier League. Hopefully Palacious can do a job for us because Huddlstone, Bentley and Jenas are rubbish. Zokora is not much better but at least he tries.

I fear for us next Sunday against ManUre. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

spurs are a total mystery to me in recent years you've had phenomenal talent (more than liverpool anyway) and yet finish mid table apart from your successive 5th places still thought ye should've come top 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

the problem with spurs is that there is a cancer that has spread tru the team since the 05/06 season and that cancer is complancency.players seem to be happy just picking up their wages every week.the hunger is gone(if it was ever there in the 1st place).
    this problem was there for all to see after we won the carling cup last year.with european qualification in the bag and the team sitting mid-table the squad just sat back and counted the days till their summer holidays and ramos sat there with them,probably why i didn't shed a tear when he got the bullet.that complancency has carried on into this season and will carry on untill there is a clearout.jenas,zokora,gomes,bentley,bale,huddlestone and a few others are not the players we need and should be sold a.s.a.p. get people in that actually want to play for us not a bunch of lazy,overpaid primadonnas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

okay ket me justify what i mean by this. Ive been a fan since early eighties, great days of hoddle, archibald, ossie etc... but never in all my years have i ever felt the way i do about our club at the moment. After last nights defeat my missus asked me why i care anymore because since we've been together (over 8 years) the team has never failed to dissapoint me and let me down... the one surprise in those eight years was last years cup win. It got me thinking and i can honestly say that i hate, and i mean i would shout abuse at them in the street and have done at the lane, 9 players at the club. This was then in my head counted off against another 8 that i like and the rest i dont give a sh1te about them. It really is a sad state of realization to come to when you actually despise so many players that turn out for your own team. but this is the thing. It is not the results that are upseting me and stiring such emotions, lets be honest we are going to stay up and we all know it, but its these f*cking players... Im not going to list the 'golden circle' of hate that i have but i am at the lowest eb that tottenham has ever brought me to and more and more im starting to not give a sh1t how we do...

COYS

Anyone who is old enough to remember when football was a man's game and not the disgusting ugly money racket we are subjected to today will be sick to the back teeth of what has happen to Spurs and the game in general.

I have been totally disillusioned for about 3 years, I've stopped going regulary because I stopped enjoying the experience. More often then not I sit at home after being to a game scraching my head and wondering why I have just chosen to waste a whole day doing something that makes me angry and bitter.

I now cafully choose my games, only go to ones that have some added bit of spice. I also try not to get too carried away with the game its self, just enjoy my mates in the pub, and take a "lets just see what happens" attitude into the ground.

Bottom line is that Spurs (and modern football) just isn't worth getting upset about. There's much better things to do with your spare time than supporting a bunch of clueless, overpaid bottlejobs.

Still looking forward to Wembley next week though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Bottom line is that Spurs (and modern football) just isn't worth getting upset about. There's much better things to do with your spare time than supporting a bunch of clueless, overpaid bottlejobs.

Still looking forward to Wembley next week though :D

bit like Shane Spurs to me is a social thing. It's the crowds,the singing, the pubs, the craic etc. It's certainly not the PLC and those overpaid mediocre players that wear the shirt! I;ve made some great friends over the 38 years of following them. I still get a a buzz when I visit the lane and love the history of the club. Naturally I enjoy the wins (when they come) but i don't waste any time getting upset when we lose. Those days are long gone.

yiddo wrote: »
    bit like Shane Spurs to me is a social thing. It's the crowds,the singing, the pubs, the craic etc. It's certainly not the PLC and those overpaid mediocre players that wear the shirt! I;ve made some great friends over the 38 years of following them. I still get a a buzz when I visit the lane and love the history of the club. Naturally I enjoy the wins (when they come) but i don't waste any time getting upset when we lose. Those days are long gone.

Pat, are you and the other Cork lads around on Saturday night in central London ??

I'm looking for some drinking buddies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

yiddo wrote: »

sorry boys im unlike you here. i do get upset, i do get angry and i will continue to do it.:mad: i wish i could switch it off but cant. my girlfreind hates spurs because they dont win enough and i go in terrible bad form when they dont win, when they loose! ooh you dont wanna be around

after a defeat i swear i am not gonna watch spurs again and i am never gonna buy another jersey but as soon as the next match comes along i get taken over by football fever and find myself signing songs all day long. even if i have a pen in my hand i find myself drawing our cockerel crest subconsiously. its a disease and i have contracted it.

• Advertisement

Pat, are you and the other Cork lads around on Saturday night in central London ??

I'm looking for some drinking buddies :)

i hope to be but no ticket yet :( i'll let teh lads who're going know and i'll give you a shout later in the week!

keane=cock wrote: »
    sorry boys im unlike you here. i do get upset, i do get angry and i will continue to do it.:mad: i wish i could switch it off but cant.

not need to apologise. everyone is different but we're all Spurs on here and thats what matters !

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Out of our 30 odd first team players I would keep about 8. We need a total revamp of our team in the summer. no messing about. the axe has to fall on a lot of players. Its that simple.

start with the fella with the twitch on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

keane=cock wrote: »
    sorry boys im unlike you here. i do get upset, i do get angry and i will continue to do it.:mad: i wish i could switch it off but cant. my girlfreind hates spurs because they dont win enough and i go in terrible bad form when they dont win, when they loose! ooh you dont wanna be around

after a defeat i swear i am not gonna watch spurs again and i am never gonna buy another jersey but as soon as the next match comes along i get taken over by football fever and find myself signing songs all day long. even if i have a pen in my hand i find myself drawing our cockerel crest subconsiously. its a disease and i have contracted it.

I am like you mate, my wife hates game day now - she can't understand why i get so upset, she constantly asks me why I still support them (been 37 years now!) - But like you, I say, that's it, I am done with these shower of merchant bankers, but then game day comes and I start to get excited, I start to believe, maybe today, maybe this is the corner we need to turn - and then they let me down!

One thing I have done to try and change the mood at home is theis (you may wanna try it) I find I get more upset if i watch the game live and see them loose or thorw it away - So this is what I do (my wife hates it, but has come to accept it) I get her to look at the result, and tell me one thing, did they loose! I don't want to know the score, just if they lost - then if they lost, I cuss a little and move on, not have invested a couple of emotional hours in the game I can move on a lot quicker! But if they didn't loose I can then watch the game in reletive calm knowing, maybe we won, but if not we did get a draw, I also don't know the score so it is still quite exciting watching!

Theripy, who needs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe we get the players that we deserve?

I mean, if Ledley King is "fit" for Sunday's final he'll probably play alongside Woodgate at CB, is that fair on Dawson who's played every round of the cup?

Did Jamie O'Hara deserve to lose out on a place on the bench for last year's final?

Will anyone complain if we win on Sunday, or will it be all sweetness and light until the next defeat? I can't think of a single Spurs fan who'd rather we rewarded the players who've got us to the final than we played our strongest team, even if that means dropping guys along the way.

We rail against Carrick, Keane and Berbatov wanting bigger and better things, yet we prey on smaller (or weaker) clubs and take advantage of their situations...Leeds, West Ham, Wigan, Portsmouth, Palace...all have reason to be pissed off at us. Isn't that double standards from us as a fanbase?

We demand loyalty from players yet raise no complaints when the club sells on players deemed surplus to requirement...Malbranque being a case in point, YP Lee being another. How many versions of Jamie O'Hara have we gone through now? Davis/Mendes/Brown/Murphy/Ghaly/Tainio/Steed/O'Hara, that them all?

We do business with players who treat their former clubs with disdain...Chimbonda's behaviour at Wigan is an example, yet we are surprised when he tries the same sh1te with us and Chelsea? Defoe handed a transfer request in at West Ham the day after they were relegated...that's loyalty for you...:rolleyes:

And how have the club rewarded the efforts made by Gomes to rehabilitate himself in the face of incredible criticism from the press and fans alike? Two months near exemplary performances, then he returns from injury to find he's automatically number 2 to Cudicini...great reward that...:rolleyes:

I can't understand how any fan hates players at our club...I may not be filled with joy at the sight of them in a Spurs shirt on matchday, but they have done nothing to generate that level of feeling IMHO. And if anyone really feels that they have been constantly let down by Spurs, maybe take a moment to consider the fate of Leeds or Forest, to see what real disappointment looks like? Cos from where I'm sitting, we've had it pretty good in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Well said Ronan,I agree with a lot of your points there.I think it will be very harsh on Dawson if he is dropped next sunday as he has been of our top performers in recent weeks,also i have two brothers who are forest fans and have been since the days of Cloughie and they know what hardship is believe me,and as you say we have had it good in comparison.Having said all that though i too am dissappointed in the current crop of players,but will support them at the end of the day because they wear the lillywhite shirt.COYS.

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe we get the players that we deserve?

I mean, if Ledley King is "fit" for Sunday's final he'll probably play alongside Woodgate at CB, is that fair on Dawson who's played every round of the cup?

Did Jamie O'Hara deserve to lose out on a place on the bench for last year's final?

Will anyone complain if we win on Sunday, or will it be all sweetness and light until the next defeat? I can't think of a single Spurs fan who'd rather we rewarded the players who've got us to the final than we played our strongest team, even if that means dropping guys along the way.

We rail against Carrick, Keane and Berbatov wanting bigger and better things, yet we prey on smaller (or weaker) clubs and take advantage of their situations...Leeds, West Ham, Wigan, Portsmouth, Palace...all have reason to be pissed off at us. Isn't that double standards from us as a fanbase?

We demand loyalty from players yet raise no complaints when the club sells on players deemed surplus to requirement...Malbranque being a case in point, YP Lee being another. How many versions of Jamie O'Hara have we gone through now? Davis/Mendes/Brown/Murphy/Ghaly/Tainio/Steed/O'Hara, that them all?

We do business with players who treat their former clubs with disdain...Chimbonda's behaviour at Wigan is an example, yet we are surprised when he tries the same sh1te with us and Chelsea? Defoe handed a transfer request in at West Ham the day after they were relegated...that's loyalty for you...:rolleyes:

And how have the club rewarded the efforts made by Gomes to rehabilitate himself in the face of incredible criticism from the press and fans alike? Two months near exemplary performances, then he returns from injury to find he's automatically number 2 to Cudicini...great reward that...:rolleyes:

I can't understand how any fan hates players at our club...I may not be filled with joy at the sight of them in a Spurs shirt on matchday, but they have done nothing to generate that level of feeling IMHO. And if anyone really feels that they have been constantly let down by Spurs, maybe take a moment to consider the fate of Leeds or Forest, to see what real disappointment looks like? Cos from where I'm sitting, we've had it pretty good in comparison.

Good point about the hating stuff but the rest is covered by the general football rule "Don't do what we do, do what we say" ;)

I dislike lots of things about Spurs. Most of the players come high on the list along with chairman and some of the other clowns that have a major say in how the club is run.

I'm just sick and tired of being let down by the players. We make a huge effort to go and watch them make a small effort. Realised last season that it just isn't worth it. It's like paying money to travel to England to be publicly kicked in the balls every other week. It's crazy and it shouldn't be like that. Passtimes are supposed to be fun exciting things, not painfull, dull events that mke you angry. My biggist mistake was putting faith in a load of spoilt lazy self obsessed tw@ts that pretend to give a fcuk about Spurs.

An awful lot of my feeling comes from what has happened to the game its self. I honestly have very little time for the amount of cheating and diving that goes on, the lack of commitment, players going on strike, Oil Barrons, Grand Slam Sundays, Jamie Redknapp, £70 match day tickets, and then there's the money. I think the game is in a terrible state. And there are no signs that anything is likely to change anytime soon. If Spurs stay up this season we will probabally just continue to exist in the PL somewhere in no-mansland between 5th and 10th.

Anyway, sorry to put the dampners on things, I must me mentally scarred after all the disapointments following Spurs. I'm not gonna let them upset me anymore. Just gonna take each game as it comes and try to enjoy the social side of going to games like the cup finalon Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

An awful lot of my feeling comes from what has happened to the game its self. I honestly have very little time for the amount of cheating and diving that goes on, the lack of commitment, players going on strike, Oil Barrons, Grand Slam Sundays, Jamie Redknapp, £70 match day tickets, and then there's the money. I think the game is in a terrible state. And there are no signs that anything is likely to change anytime soon. If Spurs stay up this season we will probabally just continue to exist in the PL somewhere in no-mansland between 5th and 10th.

Sorry for dragging this out Shane, but that sounds like you'd see your way to endure all that if we were challenging for silverware, or pushing the top 4. I don't think people can be indignant when they're prepared to accept all that's wrong as long as it doesn't affect them...

There's world of football out there other than Skyball...€15 into Tolka Park Friday week for Shels vs Wexford Youths...;)

• Advertisement

Sorry for dragging this out Shane, but that sounds like you'd see your way to endure all that if we were challenging for silverware, or pushing the top 4. I don't think people can be indignant when they're prepared to accept all that's wrong as long as it doesn't affect them...

There's world of football out there other than Skyball...€15 into Tolka Park Friday week for Shels vs Wexford Youths...;)

No problem mate.

The thing is, I have (like yourself) paid my dues where Spurs are concerned. ****ty midweek away games etc... If the good times roll again I think I will have earned the right to come back and enjoy them.

We are the 11th (I think) richest club in the world in terms of turn-over and we have an amazing sucessful history. You would think that these things would give us some chance of being an important respected sucessful club again but it never ever seems to happen. We haven't won the league since 1961 for fcuks sake. When you see some of the micky mouse clubs that have won it since then you'd be forgiven for thinkings it's like we're cursed to fail.

I tried the league of Ireland football, not my cup of tea. Think I'll stick to the golf now with a handfull of Spurs games each season. It stopped being an enjoyment for me and when that happens you are doing yourself an injustice by continuing to go regularly. Everyone has their limit I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Wait until the result against Hull tonight. i am despairing also at the moment and this site has reassured me that it is not just me. I miss the Jol days, which are the best I can remember in the last 20 years.

as therecklessone says chaps, if it is something other than 'skyball' that you are looking for with none of the redknapp/keys/grey bulls1te and no primadonaa players holding clubs to ransom, its a place where you can freely stand sing shout admiration/abuse at the players and thats the League of Ireland. Get yourselfs a rovers season ticket like i did for the past 4 years, and get your tottenham frustration out in an environment that is the way football used to be and predominatly still is out side of the PL (although the football aint that great tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Come On U Youghts!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Lads, lads, lads.
    It's meant to hurt- but not too much. The thing about sport is that it is a microcosm of life. The money, the cheating, the way the rich bankers piss on the little people, the bad management- there's your celtic tiger there.
    I look on sport an an escape valve. I can pour my heat into Spurs, Wallace's wexford youth warriors., gaa heroes, Munster, even the Arizona cardinals, and for an hour or two it's life or death- only it isn't. The pain is real if you care, but there are not the same consequences as not being able to pay the mortgage, or put your kids through college, or save a collapsing relationship, or watch a loved one suffer through illness.
    sport has made me laugh, cry, angry, delerious, my heart soar, or sink into myy boots, leave me holding my breath until my lungs scream, made me want to stop time or make it go quicker.
    On Sunday I will feel all of those things. my middle guy and I in our lilywhite, his two brothers and their grandad in Manc red. We'll slag and rib each other, it will get tense and maybe there will be a row, but we will all be thoroughly alive for a few hours, and the fing economy can leave the room for the day.

On the other hand, it moght be a dull 0-0, with berbatov scoring the winning penalty.

When I lost my dad, one of the abiding memories was of games we wnet to together. maybe sport is just an excuse for grown men to hug each other and shed a few tears.
    I love it all, even when it''s ****.

Advertisement