Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man City [Match Thread] Sun 3pm

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

daithijjj wrote: »
    Its quite sad to see all the garbage posted about babel in this thread. He got his usual 10 mins to produce the miracle that our average squad couldnt manage for the whole game. There is no creativity and no threat in the final third, torres might aswell have been playing on his own in the city half at times and by his standards didnt have a great game either. The reason for this is nobody able to create anything for him and 2 def mids who never get close to the opposition box.

Dirk kuyt was having another nightmare until he got lucky in front of goal and the usual kuyt diehards acclaim him as a saviour, narrow-minded stuff indeed.

but for the last 20mins kuyt was superb, credit where it's due. i don't think anyone's claiming he's all of a sudden incredible, but the man came good today at the end.

babel never looks impressive anymore. yes he only had 10mins but i don't think you used posession well once. all he did was run into people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Highsider wrote: »
    Very average performance today. What really worried me was what looked like a lack of importance as to the result to some of the players. Dirk and Masher apart we in the first half in particular where rather well sh?te TBH. Looks like we will have to settle for another European cup this season :(
    Don't think so did you see Madrid last night they'll rip us apart on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

SlickRic wrote: »
    but for the last 20mins kuyt was superb, credit where it's due. i don't think anyone's claiming he's all of a sudden incredible, but the man came good today at the end.

babel never looks impressive anymore. yes he only had 10mins but i don't think you used posession well once. all he did was run into people.

I must have been watching a different game, i thought kuyt was terrible. Had a decent 10/15 min spell in the second half.

On babel, its just baffling that some fans first target for abuse is a guy who comes on for the last few mins. Were we that good that it was babels fault for another impotent result at home? Babel came on to try and do something in a very short time that our team couldnt do in the previous 80 mins. It didnt come off for him, this does not deserve the criticism that many others deserved who played a full game imo.

get the **** in there

talking to paddy power and yes my bet stands

the drinks are on me lads :D:D:D

cant believe G.bellamy did somthing good for once :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

On babel, its just baffling that some fans first target for abuse is a guy who comes on for the last few mins. Were we that good that it was babels fault for another impotent result at home? Babel came on to try and do something in a very short time that our team couldnt do in the previous 80 mins. It didnt come off for him, this does not deserve the criticism that many others deserved who played a full game imo.

Good post. I think Babel is a complete donkey but he abuse he gets when he comes on these days is extremely unfair. His confidence is shot to pieces and all he wants is out these days. It's the other dutch fella who plays 99.9% of the time that people should be looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Ardent wrote: »
    Good post. I think Babel is a complete donkey but he abuse he gets when he comes on these days is extremely unfair. His confidence is shot to pieces and all he wants is out these days. It's the other dutch fella who plays 99.9% of the time that people should be looking at.

I dont think hes a donkey, that is too easy a judgement to make on a right footer who plays all his games on the left wing..............i would happily drive dirk to any club in europe willing to give us the 10mil back. My fee would only be a hot dinner and mileage. Perhaps that was a bit harsh, i value his passion and work ethic but liverpool standard he most certainly is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Headshot wrote: »
    im dying to see it

anybody got a link the the goal

I looked at it a few times, Bellamy's initial shot seemed to be on target, I thought that was all it took for the goal to be his no matter about the deflection? Seems a bit harsh, anyone know the exact rules on it?

(Maybe I'm wrong about it being on target though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Who got the official man of the match? I see BBC gave it to Stephen Ireland. Same with Sky?

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Who got the official man of the match? I see BBC gave it to Stephen Ireland. Same with Sky?

sky gave it to Stephen Ireland too

I must have been watching a different game, i thought kuyt was terrible. Had a decent 10/15 min spell in the second half.

ok maybe 10/15 mins instead of 20...still he did well for that spell. nowhere did i say his overall performance was great by any means. but when the chips were down he did show up.

on babel, possibly he does get OTT abuse but when he comes on he's just shocking these days. nowhere do i say its his fault we faltered to a draw, that would be beyond ludicrous, but he's not improving, nor is he injecting anything into games like he was last season. and don't say 'he's not getting game time', he still trains every day etc, gets sub appearances, plus the odd start. he should still be developing. we're not seeing it right now.

he should be looking to prove to the manager he's good enough, hungry enough, and that he can't be left out of the team.

but i do agree, there are plenty of others playing average stuff out there for us. i think babel gets abuse sometimes of fans out of frustration because he's obviously got the potential.

damn right too....he really was a class above at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,594 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Of course the FF geniuses didnt give Ireland any bonus points:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Delighted with a point considering I expected us to get battered. Glad to here De Jong played well. All he's lacking is match fitness as he was out injured pretty much since the Euros last summer. A really good addition.

That said, just like Copenhagen it feels a bit like a defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Did Bellamys strike official go down as an og?

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »

yeah noticed that.

Even stranger I thought was not giving Schwarzer ANY bonus points in Fulhams match against W.Brom. He saved a penalty, had 4 saves and kept a clean sheet ffs !! Whoever awards them bonus points has their head up their **** imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

Boggles wrote: »
    Did Bellamys strike official go down as an og?
    It did indeed. I'm fairly sure the strike wasnt on target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yeah, and they throw bonus points at Ronaldo when he does nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

lint316 wrote: »
    Yeah, and they throw bonus points at Ronaldo when he does nothing

Does nothing? Utter Rubbish.

He dived, he kicked out and tapped a guy through frustration, he moaned, he gave out, and he scored a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

slingerz wrote: »
    that liverpool midfield is terrible. take Alonso and gerrard out abd there is 0 creativity. benyaoun, kuyt and riera are midfielders that mid table teams wouldnt be too happy with

Was i far wrong?

• Advertisement
Advertisement