Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Ireland / UK

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 samrulz

I think my mind is made up, I'll move to Sweden. They have a "Welfare state" that actually works.

If you do go to Sweden, whatever you do make sure you don't become a parent, (assuming you are male!) - might sound a bit random/off topic but I refer to it as I have a friend who moved there, was in a relationship, had children and then sadly the r'ship ended.. the upshot is he now has no access to his kids... (because his ex says horrid (untrue) things about him) .... Father's over there have no rights - for example see here:

"In Sweden, which claims to be progressive and promote Gender Equality, has reports 128,000 women currently hold SOLE custody of their children (mostly against the father's wishes) and 11,000 men hold SOLE custody of their children, a ration of more than 11:1 in favour of women.

Sweden is considered the #1 country in the world for Mothers to live."

When considering moving to another country its wise to consider they have different laws on different things and its not until you encounter such a problem of course till you realize but what I'm saying is its not always about money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

samrulz wrote: »
    If you do go to Sweden, whatever you do make sure you don't become a parent, (assuming you are male!) - might sound a bit random/off topic but I refer to it as I have a friend who moved there, was in a relationship, had children and then sadly the r'ship ended.. the upshot is he now has no access to his kids... (because his ex says horrid (untrue) things about him) .... Father's over there have no rights - for example see here:

"In Sweden, which claims to be progressive and promote Gender Equality, has reports 128,000 women currently hold SOLE custody of their children (mostly against the father's wishes) and 11,000 men hold SOLE custody of their children, a ration of more than 11:1 in favour of women.

Sweden is considered the #1 country in the world for Mothers to live."

When considering moving to another country its wise to consider they have different laws on different things and its not until you encounter such a problem of course till you realize but what I'm saying is its not always about money!

Not that different from here. Surprising considering Sweden was a forerunner in bringing in paternity pay and leave and changing societies attitudes towards it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭countrynosebag

ii am not sure but i believe that mobility between eurozone countries has become somewhat more difficult
    some are expecting people to speak their language and in Sweden ....well, not that easy nor in Holland
    i find German impossible - some very long words - harder for brain injured and/or elderly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement