Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deserted buildings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Thargor wrote: »
    I dont like seeing derilict buildings but theres something especially sad about boarded up independent video rental places that always gives me a pang when I see them, they look so sad for some reason.

Restaurant's always get to me. :(

Estate agents to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Estate agents to me.
    Ha! Id run to the shop for marshmallows if I saw one on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Ah, St. Valentine house? Some spot

Which house is that exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

The building is half-way down Dominic St. just past the Art Centre. There's a small shuttered-up shop front. It's actually quite easy to miss if you're not paying attention.

Does anyone remember the little windows in the toilets in Kennys old shop on Quay St? They opened into a forgotten space between two buildings that had been roofed over at some point. I had a nose around in the Port West shop that's there now for the first time today and as far as I can tell the windows have been blocked-off. So I suppose that makes it a deserted space now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Does anyone remember the little windows in the toilets in Kennys old shop on Quay St? They opened into a forgotten space between two buildings that had been roofed over at some point. I had a nose around in the Port West shop that's there now for the first time today and as far as I can tell the windows have been blocked-off. So I suppose that makes it a deserted space now...[/QUOTE]

And the public toilets down the steps at the end of O Briens Bridge where it meets The Bridge Mills? Wonder whats in there now. They were the scaryist jacks ever!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dloob wrote: »
    Speaking of Gerry Barrett, the Corrib Great Southern has joined the list of deserted buildings.

City planners have agreed to allow MD Merlin Developments Ltd knock the Corrib Great Southern hotel on the Dublin road.

Go and take your pictures now!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Does anyone remember the little windows in the toilets in Kennys old shop on Quay St? They opened into a forgotten space between two buildings that had been roofed over at some point. I had a nose around in the Port West shop that's there now for the first time today and as far as I can tell the windows have been blocked-off. So I suppose that makes it a deserted space now...

And the public toilets down the steps at the end of O Briens Bridge where it meets The Bridge Mills? Wonder whats in there now. They were the scaryist jacks ever![/QUOTE]

was just thinking that the last day. god knows whats growing down there! junkie home? defo cant get in there though can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

foxy_19-89 wrote: »
    And the public toilets down the steps at the end of O Briens Bridge where it meets The Bridge Mills? Wonder whats in there now. They were the scaryist jacks ever!

was just thinking that the last day. god knows whats growing down there! junkie home? defo cant get in there though can you?[/QUOTE]

Dont think so. Unless you can come up the Corrib in a canoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Unless you can come up the Corrib in a canoe.

Ahh, so that's where JohnCleary is building his time machine ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement