Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] Router Stolen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Kahless wrote: »
    Isn't the account tied to the actual phone line? So while the router will work elsewhere, the OPs account can't be used elsewhere?

Correct. Eircom uses the same username/password for all their lines and identifies you by other means.

A specific username/password is only needed, if you are with somebody else than eircom.

So if somebody uses the router elsewhere, it doesn't make a difference nor has any implications for the OP, beyond that he is router-less for the time being.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Can't get this router to work, can the OP PM me the Eircom account details? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

oddone wrote: »
    A
    Anyways, on dial-up at the moment and it is so feckin slooooooooooooow.

How did we ever manage with it?

Can't believe that dial-up still exists these days. I wouldn't even know where to begin to find a dial up number.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Marlow wrote: »
    Correct. Eircom uses the same username/password for all their lines and identifies you by other means.

A specific username/password is only needed, if you are with somebody else than eircom.

So if somebody uses the router elsewhere, it doesn't make a difference nor has any implications for the OP, beyond that he is router-less for the time being.

My bad, I knew you could use BT and other companies routers at different locations, as they use a unique username and password for each user in the router. Didn't realise Eircom worked differently.

Advertisement