Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo parlours in cork

Options
  • 20-02-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I ' m thinking of getting a tatto and wondered what is /are the best ones in cork?

Thanks! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Being from Dublin, I only know of Tribal and Holy cow. However the question you should be asking is which tattoo studio would be best for my tattoo? Strictly speaking, no tattoo studio is "the best" some are better than others at different styles. What style tattoo (or image) are you thinking of getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I've heard the only places worth their salt are Tattoo Zoo, Smily Dogg and Tribal Ink. Go in and have a look at artist portfolios, and by all means, stay away from Raven and Red Dragon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Shiner88

Yeah..
    Red Dragon really stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ShaneCC

I'm lookingto get my son's name on my forearm in solid black old english, where would you recommend going in Cork

Any tattoo artist should be able to do that. Wander into town and have a look at portfolios I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I went to Smily Dogg earlier on this week and found them excellent, they have a very good reputation as well. The two tattooists there are Alex and Raul from the Basque country, sound fellas.

Oh yeah, did anyone hear anything about that Wizbit place on MacCurtain Street? I pass it every day on the way to work but I've never met anyone who had work done there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 abominablepixie

Hey can anyone tell me why raven is not the best place to go get a tattoo? I'm hoping to get my first one soon and I'm not sure which is the best place to go to.

Hey can anyone tell me why raven is not the best place to go get a tattoo? I'm hoping to get my first one soon and I'm not sure which is the best place to go to.

Raven has a very bad reputation. The guy also pierces people underage which, for me, is a no no. I've seen his work, it's really not great, both piercings and tattoos.

I'm also curious about Wizbit, it seems to have been there for ages but I've never heard anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

FTA69 wrote: »
    Wizbit place on MacCurtain Street? .

One word.

ROUGH.

Also have a reputation for tattooing underagers. Seen a lot of rubbish come out of there tbh.

• Advertisement

I went in there today to have a nose but it was closed at half two, didn't look the most of refined establishments to be honest. There is a board on the window with some of his work on it, some of them look ok, others look like a pile of sh*t to put it plainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tina27a

Hi i'm also living in Cork and about to get my first tattoo.I want to get my daughters name and date of birth on my foot with a little butterfly or something like that.

I was told of a place in Princes St. Has anyone ever heard of this place whether it's good or bad?

Are you sure it's Princes St.? I'm not aware of a Tattoo Studio there, however the street next to it, Marlboro St., has Smily Dogg. Maybe that's what you're thinking of? If so they have a very good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tina27a

Thanks for that Kersmash found out that's the one alright.
    Going down to Holy Cow today to check it out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

hey, do any of you guys know where the tattoist who used to work at the bottom of patrick's hill works now? his name is Jay iirc.

had a couple of small pieces done by him and would love to get something bigger by him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

There was an artist called Jay in Smiley Dogg last time I was in there. You could check if it's the same guy and if he's still working there.

thanks for that gauge... will try and find out if it's him.

it's impossible to find much info online and i'm iving in roscommon now so can't easily pop down to cork

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

The Jay you're talking about, was he French? I'm pretty sure you're on about Jay from Tribal Ink, they used to have a studio at the bottom of Patricks Hill.

He's now based on Kyle St, just off the Coal Quay (or if you're coming from North Main St, down the side street where Enable Ireland is on the corner).

lean (sorry, my keyboard is refusing to put the fada on for some reason)...

that's him alright, thanks a million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bandit883

any1 know anything about the place on oliver plunkett street triple x or something like that,a spanish dude owns it???

• Advertisement
Advertisement