Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a ladder?

Options
  • 20-02-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if and where you can rent a ladder? Not a step ladder but a decent size ladder (like painters would use).

Gonna hook up my Freesat box to my Sky Dish this weekend but standing on my tippy-toes on the wheelie bin will not get me close enough... plus it will no doubt involve a trip to the Sligo General.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Sam Hire or KG Construction Hire

EDIT: GPT also

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers Big Mac.

Might see if I can source one elsewhere first.. if that fails, it'll have to be one of your suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I think we have 6 ladders. You're more than welcome to come and borrow one or more. I'll pm you my number since I'm about to head back to the land that the internet forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I can lend you one if you like either.
    I'm in Cartron. PM me if you want to go ahead

Thanks for Sue and Fozzle for the offers... we really have some really generous members on the Sligo forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

No probs. Just e500 per hour, and a few gutters to be cleaned while you have it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

No probs. Just e500 per hour, and a few gutters to be cleaned while you have it up.

Capitalism at its best

Got a ladder over the weekend anyways, and got my Freesat box up.

Thanks to all who offered ladders... but TequilaMockingBird, I really don't think it was fair to issue me with a bill (it arrived this morning) when I didn't even rent your ladder! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

basquille wrote: »
    Got a ladder over the weekend anyways, and got my Freesat box up.

Thanks to all who offered ladders... but TequilaMockingBird, I really don't think it was fair to issue me with a bill (it arrived this morning) when I didn't even rent your ladder! :D

Hey! It's a recession! You gotta be prepared to charge for everything!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Dear Mr Box-seal,

We apologise for the error on our part in issuing an invoice to your good self. Please pay said invoice, so our accounts department can issue you with a credit note.

We at Tequila Ladders Inc. thank you for your custom.

Mocking Bird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Dear Mr Box-seal,

We apologise for the error on our part in issuing an invoice to your good self. Please pay said invoice, so our accounts department can issue you with a credit note.

We at Tequila Ladders Inc. thank you for your custom.

Mocking Bird.

sad thing is, I've seen nothing short of that when I was working at a certain somewhere...

Advertisement