Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice House Hill Park

Options
  • 20-02-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone heard the rumors about Ice House Hill park,
    I heard it was closed or will be closing due to 'abuse of service' I presume they mean littering etc.

Anyone else heard this or know if its still open? I used to go it quite often but I havn't been up to it in ages

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I remember problems with youths drinking. There was also a lot of saplings/tree's broken if I remember correctly. Pity, I believe it was a nice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jess77

Hi, I live beside Ice House Hill and it has never been closed and neither have I heard any rumours about it closing!! Will ask around to see if anyone else has heard this although I really dont think its true!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Jess77 wrote: »
    Hi, I live beside Ice House Hill and it has never been closed and neither have I heard any rumours about it closing!! Will ask around to see if anyone else has heard this although I really dont think its true!!!

Thats cool, it was just something I had heard mentioned about the town and I figured here would be the best place to check it out.

As I said I used to frequent it often but now I just don't really have the time.

Just as a side note does anyone use St Helenas Park? I think it can be a nice spot but is a bit far out of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jess77

Too far out for me, have been done once or twice though, its in a really nice spot and it seems to be in constant use by a lot of kids!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Yeah it always has kids in it, it can sometimes act against the parks appeal but at the end of the day it is a play ground.

You can just go to the other side of the park

• Advertisement
Advertisement