Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone bypassed the Estage agent?

Options
  • 20-02-2009 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I was just reading on another thread that a poster suggested putting a note in the door if the EA was refusing to pass on an offer.
    I'm in exaclty that situation. Viewed a house in October and put in an offer. OK in October it probably still ranked as cheeky. Called in Jan - still not activity on the house - and for months before I put in my offer.

The house is empty and i know indirectly that the family are anxious to sell. It needs renovating so realistically they won't get much for renting it either.
    a) is he just telling me he wont' pass on the offer as part of his line or is it possible that the family are unaware there is an interested buyer?
    b) if i do pop my name in the letter box and he gets wind of it, won't I get black listed or something? I mean if the family go to him and say "we found out that there is an offer" - there aren't too many options as to how they would have found out.
    Hes an obnocious pig anyway so I dont' give a damn about offending him but he does have a lot of properties.

Has anyone done this and how did it pan out?

FIona

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I don't think the EA will really care so long as they get their fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭bluecell99

You dont have to pay a cent if you conduct the sale yourself.The estate agent can whistle dixie.It seems,from what you say,that they are not interested in informing the owners in your offer as they hope to increase their fee if a higher offer comes along.I would inform the owners yourself.

I was in a similar situation four years ago and after four months I switched estate agent and I had sale agreed within one week.

You could always pull out now from your agreement with the estate agent and sing dumb in the event of any further inquiry from them.

remember they are out to make money and nothing else.You dont have to put up with it.Act now.

Good luck.

Advertisement