Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Based Heavy Electro

• 20-02-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just set up a Myspace there for the tracks. Have a listen and leave some feedback add the profile.

Thanks!

http://www.myspace.com/eclektric

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cillow

just threw up some newer stuff. would love some feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

cillow wrote: »
    Just set up a Myspace there for the tracks. Have a listen and leave some feedback add the profile.

Massive amount of respect in the first place for being an Irish producer - they're few and far between. A breakdown of your DAW/plugs/samples used would be nice.

Obviously you're a big Kitsune/Ed Banger head, not my cup of tea these days but you seem to have a reasonable grasp of arrangement and can replicate your vanilla genre synths and one hits quite well.

However, I think you really need to work on your post-production. Proper EQ'ing and mixing is in order - pull back a little on the compression as well, especially if you've some sort of hard knee slapped on your master channel. Free up frequencies, give your mix a bit more headroom, and take every channel down about 5%, making sure your Master is at UNITY.

Roots 3:18 - 3:20 = I can almost guarantee your piano is hitting redlining your db meter, peel it back a bit. Bass sound that comes before is nearly like a GM preset off a yamaha keyboard, swap it or distort/bitcrush it or something.

We are (One) = Side-chain compression 101 :D I hate this sort of repetitive electro tune, but even so this is definitely is too bare-bones and needs some automated LPFs et al. to spice the mix up a bit. Check out 'Television Off' by Boys Noize for a masterclass on this.

Zero = DON'T SAMPLE THE BEST 12" EVER MADE. EVERYONE is going to be automatically comparing your tune to blue monday, and thats just a battle you can't win. Again, not my style of tune and learn to lay off the sidechain compression - sounds like you've a glitch plug across the master in parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ed_ed

Some good **** there man.

jimi_t wrote: »
    Massive amount of respect in the first place for being an Irish producer - they're few and far between. A breakdown of your DAW/plugs/samples used would be nice.

Obviously you're a big Kitsune/Ed Banger head, not my cup of tea these days but you seem to have a reasonable grasp of arrangement and can replicate your vanilla genre synths and one hits quite well.

However, I think you really need to work on your post-production. Proper EQ'ing and mixing is in order - pull back a little on the compression as well, especially if you've some sort of hard knee slapped on your master channel. Free up frequencies, give your mix a bit more headroom, and take every channel down about 5%, making sure your Master is at UNITY.

Roots 3:18 - 3:20 = I can almost guarantee your piano is hitting redlining your db meter, peel it back a bit. Bass sound that comes before is nearly like a GM preset off a yamaha keyboard, swap it or distort/bitcrush it or something.

We are (One) = Side-chain compression 101 :D I hate this sort of repetitive electro tune, but even so this is definitely is too bare-bones and needs some automated LPFs et al. to spice the mix up a bit. Check out 'Television Off' by Boys Noize for a masterclass on this.

Zero = DON'T SAMPLE THE BEST 12" EVER MADE. EVERYONE is going to be automatically comparing your tune to blue monday, and thats just a battle you can't win. Again, not my style of tune and learn to lay off the sidechain compression - sounds like you've a glitch plug across the master in parts.

have taken all things on board ! thanks for taking the time to listen to em all. i really need to sort out the post production side of things , would anyone have any advice where i would go about learning that side of things? im fairly in experienced when it comes to that stuff in general.

The way ive made them tracks , is by writing them on a midi program called Guitar pro and then put the midi tracks through reason.

http://www.myspace.com/eclektric

Just put up a new track called "Are You Not Entertained?"

Would love to hear your opinions on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jimi_t wrote: »
    Massive amount of respect in the first place for being an Irish producer - they're few and far between

:confused::confused::confused:

there are loads

Just put up another track called "Bop".
    have a listen let me know what ya think

www.myspace.com/eclektric

Advertisement