Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The prodigy

• 20-02-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Imo their final act is invaders must die.

It has their 80s, 90s and 00s sound in it and i reckon thats it for them.

Possibly the greatest live band of all dance music time, they changed 3 times like a rock band would do from clubs to stadiums and each time they made some good ****ing dance music.

From "charly" to "experience"< my fav to "no good" to "voodoo" to "jilted" last album not so good, but there hasnt been an act (hard to call them a band) that has been dance music for 3 generations.

Prodigy i salute thee and tip my hat, their nights in the point and tivoli/killarney will go down as possibly the best live dance act i have ever seen.

/doffs cap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i think you're jumping to conclusions! hasnt been any hints from liam that theyre finished yet!

theyre still an unbelievable band, and the longer they hang around producing music of high calibre, why would they need to feck off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I've seen The Prodigy a few times before and indeed they have put on an amazing show especially NYE 92 in The Point Depot, but they are not fit to lace the boots of Orbital when it comes to playing live, not a chance!

I hated the last few Prodigy albums and i doubt id like this latest one to be honest, they appeal to mostly skinny jeans wearing students/trendy leftys thesedays as opposed to Ravers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Listened to thier new album and am not too impressed with it I must say. Doubt it will get any better after a few listens either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I really enjoyed Warriors Dance anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

experience and jilted was good, but i cant help thinking howlett got lucky producing these, solely on the last 3 albums and interviews his done,he comes across as not a very gifted producer, Aphex twin, squarepusher and the like are miles ahead of him! Orbital had it but lost it but do know their stuff and are gifted they just went off in the wrong direction.m I have only heard the new prodigy song and its muck, just like the last album, dreadful, they used to be brilliant live but their even losing that edge too, doubt theyll call it a day though, theres nothing much else they can do, so why give up a nice pay cheque!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Yis think they are into their final tours? :( They were down under recently, and I heard they are playing Cork soon. Problem is Ill be abroad :( Saw them at Oxe 2005, one of th best nights of my life, absoloutely....well....**** cant even put it into words it was so good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I thought the new album was brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Invaders Must Die (the song) is crap but the album does have a few decent tracks on it, especially Warrior's Dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Fad wrote: »
    I thought the new album was brilliant!

I must clarify, I'm not a big Prodigy fan, but I do quite like some of their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Just listened to Warriors dance on youtube - disappointed - sounds like something Scooter could have made!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Tomas_S

the last one is realy crap. nearly all songs sound d same

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

IMO its always been fairly derivative ravey stuff. Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land moved a bit away from this ,FOTL in particular was like 2 bands stuck on the one album, some good stuff and some total tripe.

But comparing them in their pomp to the genius of the likes of the Chemical brothers Live, or Leftfield in studio, for me theirs nothing in it, they are miles behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Just listened to Warriors dance on youtube - disappointed - sounds like something Scooter could have made!

Ah now come on! I know you're entitled to your opinion but jesus, it sounds nothing "like something Scooter could have made" . I don't hear no chipmunks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

from the shink of crap off the new album, it probably should be their last album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Geforce (energy flow) has got to be the best prodigy song - I think it might be a b-side or something - it's well old & chessy as feck but it is chronically pounding :) prefer the earlier stuff myself, but that spitfire song off the album prior to the one just being released wasn't too bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭deathronan

R.I.P. Prodigy they well and truly have lost it. AONO was good but it wasn't great and I took that as a sign of things to come.Alas, the new album is absoloute twoddle, the only song barely resembling something decent is Warriors must die but other than that the albums sounds like someone tryin to play a cat with baby in berlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Ah now come on! I know you're entitled to your opinion but jesus, it sounds nothing "like something Scooter could have made" . I don't hear no chipmunks :pac:

That tune is awful - i do hear chipmunks! That was acceptable in the "no good" era but not now!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yet to listen to this album but I'm sure I'll buy it anyway... heard so many mixed reports on it from utter sh*te to best since MFTJG :eek:

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Yet to listen to this album but I'm sure I'll buy it anyway... heard so many mixed reports on it from utter sh*te to best since MFTJG :eek:

Best since MFTJG, whoever told you that would want get there head checked out

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

deathronan wrote: »
    Best since MFTJG, whoever told you that would want get there head checked out

So lean more towards utter sh*te then? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

I was obsessed with the Prodigy since I was 7,the first cassette I ever bought was Everybody in the Place,and they were my favourite band growing,but for me the Prodigy died in '96 with the release of firestarter,they went down that industrial/grunge/big dance root,and they got sh*te,I used to like them when they were doing the whole rave experince thing,Liam on the decks while Leeroy threw out some deadly uplifting moves,never really knew what the role of Keith or Maxim was(still dont),nah I couldnt care less what the Prodigy are doing nowadays,give me a shout if they go back to 'out to space'

Felixdhc wrote: »
    So lean more towards utter sh*te then? :pac:

absolute twoddle it is

Advertisement