Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Democracy???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Excellent album. The best rock album in a long time.

Shackler's Revenge rocks.
    So does Better.
    If The World is a grower - definitely unique
    There Was A Time is just brilliant - great solo.
    Sorry is the best song - amazing vibe plus great solo.
    Madagascar and This I Love are nice ballads.
    Prostitute rocks.

Cather In The Rye is a nice song but the solo ruins it - the demo is much better - the album version sounds like a bad cover version - like an 80's shred band covering a beatles tune.

Scraped, Rhiad and IRS are fairly weak efforts at rockin' out although Scraped and IRS have classic Buckethead solos.

Bit sick of the title track at this stage. Ditto Street Of Dreams.

Buckethead is amazing on the album and makes you forget all about Slash. Great album but there are some weak tracks, although they are different enough to not be considered filler.

I don't why the OP is saying things like "worth the wait" as if the album was released this morning. Its been out 4 months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭NiallMH

Yeh but its been until now ive listen and made my opinion about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

I liked it and still have it on my mp3 -It's a good album but I dont think it will be a classic...(Just my humble opinion:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭NiallMH

katana1 wrote: »
    It's a good album but I dont think it will be a classi

Thats exactly what I mean , like I feel bad for the guy who got a tatoo of the cover before it came out , If you did that with Appetite you'de still like it 2day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mylove

Better, There was a time and This I love are three of the best songs written by any band. If this didnt take so long to make, it would have broken records..

Would be interesting to hear all the other songs that were recorded and rejected... (This I love nearly didn't make it in)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

mylove wrote: »
    Better, There was a time and This I love are three of the best songs written by any band. If this didnt take so long to make, it would have broken records..

Would be interesting to hear all the other songs that were recorded and rejected... (This I love nearly didn't make it in)

Ah but ya have to admit it was over-produced to ****! If it had been a normally recorded album just a few years after the last guns n roses record, then it would have rocked (best album of the decade), but its just completely produced to every single point... I'm guessing twud be much better live anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

This was a huge dissapointment for me when I first heard it back in November of 2008. I got copy from a work mate, and I listened to it at home but I just could'nt get into it or appreciate it in any way due to the way the songs were structured. The more I listened to it, the more I found myself grumbling about how awful most of the songs were/are. I think Axl and co should just hang it up for good and call it quits already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

i think the best description that can be found is MEH. Not great, not awful, just meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Love this album,still top in my most listened to section on itunes,never get tired of hearing it.Axl rocks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Its an incredibly average album,and considering that it took that long to make you would expect it to be epic,but its fairly flat,very forgetful IMO

5/10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

Gintonious wrote: »
    Its an incredibly average album,and considering that it took that long to make you would expect it to be epic,but its fairly flat,very forgetful IMO

5/10

there lies the problem with most peoples bad reviews. it needs to be listened to and treated the same as any other album. if you do this then it is just brilliant. don't forget, the amount of time it took to make is insignificant to the amount of time it will be available to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

superweld wrote: »
    there lies the problem with most peoples bad reviews. it needs to be listened to and treated the same as any other album. if you do this then it is just brilliant. don't forget, the amount of time it took to make is insignificant to the amount of time it will be available to hear.

No album should take that long to make though,thats my issue with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I could care less about the time. I doesn't sound bad to me. Its just not interesting. It just doesn't grab me. Usually theres a riff, or perhaps one song that brings you into an album. There isn't for me, in this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

I thought it was a typical guns n roses album, I was pleased with it. It did sound a bit different from their previous work, but then again: Axel is the sole survivor from their previous album.

Of course it was a letdown, but anything that takes that long would have to be.

Advertisement