Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was 185lbs now 158lbs..Thanks but I've lost my way...

• 21-02-2009 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

hi all,

Some might remember me, I posted here a couple of months ago and got some fantatic advise from people on here. I ended up losing nearly 2 stone.I was roughly eating id say between 2500 to 3500 calories a day then I managed to cut the calories to approx 1500 to 2000 on weekends and was exercising most days and I changed my diet. But since I hit the 158 - 163lbs mark Im just stuck.

I havent quit the exercise, still regularly do exercise,all varieties. almost every 2nd day. On most days Im eating about 2000 calories, seemed to have lost my willpower to go any lower then that. Where has it gone?

I need advice as to what to do next. I really need a boost to get me going again. Dont want any fad diets. Tried them so many times. and they dont last.

One thing I am delighted with is when I did other ( Fad ) diets the weight would shoot back up but thankfully I have stabilised at 158lbs for the last couple of months.

Any advice for me from people that have lost their way half way through and how to regain the will power .... by the way my target is 140lbs for my wedding August 2010

:o Jessie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

What exercise do you do and what's your typical eating habits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Congrats on the weight loss. It will be fast at first and then slow down. Also as you get smaller your metabolism decreases, i.e. a kid needs less food than a grown man, so as you get smaller you would have to drop calories even more to get the same weight loss. BUT I would not recommend decreasing your calories anymore. Track other things, take photos and measurements. I remained 12 stone for ages yet was getting thinner. In my case I was building a little muscle and losing fat at the same slow rate.

I would recommend doing some resistance exercises, like pushups or getting weights, building and maintaining a little muscle will boost your metabolism. I am at a stable weight and still drink and eat what I pretty much want. I have increased my metabolism to "match my energy intake".

Advertisement