Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI NI account from the south

Options
  • 21-02-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know can I open a current or just basic ATM account in a BOI branch in the North if my address is in the South?

If I had one of these accounts, it would fully work in the UK for things like receiving paypath payments and stuff wouldnt it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Yes
    and
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

gernon wrote: »
    Yes
    and
    Yes

Yes and yes :rolleyes:

To answer the OP's question, it is possible to do what you are proposing. However, the process can be a bit of an ordeal.

I opened a STG a/c just before Christmas. I didn't expect any problems as I work for same bank. However, most other people won't be getting the same introduction that I was able to get for obvious reasons. I think they would know where to find me if I started a money laundering ring :D

I suppose it really depends on the bank and the info they require. Expect lots of questions etc and AFAIK you will need to provide 1 form of ID and 2 original forms of POA.

As for recieving payments etc an a/c in the North should operate like any similer a/c in UK. I couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MrLNB

you have just answered my question posted on a thread in the investing section.

I need a UK bank account to open an Etrade share account.

So i guess, the account in NI would do nicely for this. .

its not money laundering. . . . . :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

What about a Credit Card? Is that possible if resident in Ireland?

Advertisement