Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone looking forward to paying 3e per minute...

• 21-02-2009 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

for the privilege of using your mobile phone on ryanair? will this stuff become mainstream? for a while planes were the only form of public transport where ya wouldn't have to listen to muppets talking on the phone. tis all ruined now :(

btw its a freaking rip off but that was to be expected. Inmarsat charges less than $1 per minute for normal people to use their phones. and its going to lag like a toothpick because they're using geosynchronous satellites

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Why is it a ripoff ?

I doubt that the onboard equipment is cheap and I doubt that the passengers will be forced to use it.

If someone is onboard and feels a deep seated need to ring their nan and go "I'm on the plane, yeah it's at 34,000 feet and I've just had two baggy's of vodka and I wish that Jimmy was 'ere" then why shouldn't they pay for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

twould cost a few k per plane to install id think. Have they installed anything similar on the ferries now? Not that it matters but its bad enough being on a plane these days without the guy talking about his baggies

Advertisement