Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metal music

Options
  • 21-02-2009 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

personally for me megadeth are the best heavy metal band around. the guitar rifts aswell as great lyrics...controversial, in your face screw the the world band....though love metallica too and have seen both in concert many times and with all the dave mustaine megadeth used to be in metallica till thrown out ..fair or unfair he made one hell of a bad ass band ....opinions....anyone???:p:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Megadeth have some great stuff, musically brilliant but his vocals have always been the weak link for me.
    Best metal band ever IMHO, Metallica in the 80's. Everything they did back then was amazing.
    After metallica lost the magic (but gained sales) with the black album it was between Sepultura & Pantera.
    For me, Pantera were theee metal band of the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StevenCampbell

I agree megadeth has some strong points but vocals do lack power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've always felt that Megadeth were a great band in spite of Mustaine, because he managed to get some absolutely incredible musicians to join him, Chris Poland, Marty Friedman, Chris Broderick you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Links234 wrote: »
    I've always felt that Megadeth were a great band in spite of Mustaine, because he managed to get some absolutely incredible musicians to join him, Chris Poland, Marty Friedman, Chris Broderick you know?

Chris Broderick? no. He's probably my least favourite guitarist they've had so far. Very technical but it's all soulless weedly weedly weeedly which doesn't contrast enough with Dave's style of playing enough for it to sound interesting.

While I quite liked Glenn Drover, the last decent megadeth album was 2004s System has failed with Poland. Unlikely he'd get him to join the band fulltime though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah, I'd probably agree with you on the System Has Failed. I know what you mean about Broderick, he wouldn't be my favourite Megadeth guitarist, Friedman or Poland would be, but he's still a pretty amazing musician. He was great with Jag Panzer, if you can stand the cheesiness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement