Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! I think ive got rats

Options
  • 21-02-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Been hearing noises in the attic for a couple of weeks now and found a hole along the side of the house the other day, so im convinced i have rats and am totally freaked out!

I put down poison outside, but it doesnt appear to be touched, and i put some in the attic as well as a rat trap and mouse traps, but as yet nothing- yet i know there's something up there as i am still hearing the noises.

My mother,god bless her, went up in the attic and covered the water tank and put the traps/poison down for me. She had a look around up there but said she cant see droppings and none of the stuff that i have stored up there in boxes appears to be touched, but there was stuff like bits of gravel up there on top of some of the insulation. The house is over 40 years old and the insulation looks like it's been there for years so its a bit all over the place,
    so i cant be sure whether rats could be running around underneath it.

I know putting poison in the loft is not ideal but ive had to do something as i am so freaked out with "whatever" it is that i cant sleep, so i am now seriously considering getting someone in to deal with it for me.
    Ive read all the threads in the diy section(now more freaked than ever!!) but i cant find any mention of a price for calling in a professional. I know it probably depends on what the job involves but could anybody give me even a rough estimate of how much money it would cost.

Sorry for the length of this post guys, and thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

I reckon theyre just birds nesting the poison would a got the rats by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Yeah it sounds like birds, hopefully for you it is. Birds are fun to shoot though.

Advertisement