Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questionable ban

Options
  • 21-02-2009 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Terry suggested i post here

i feel this merrits further discussion but i dont want to get the ban

I could be wrong on this one but i feel its a valid point that i am making.
    This was the original post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59120986&postcount=1

There is a mod comment that i just did not see at all saying links to 4chan result in ban (the rule makes sence im not questioning that btw)

however once i saw

i went to the next post without reading on the basis that i was interested in the topic - not the sig

later post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59122143&postcount=24

Banned board regualr.

Its not so much a complaint against terry (who has made me laugh before and i have no majoy problem with him right now) i justn think it was OTT as it wasent someone with 1-5 posts who was linking to 4chan just for the sake of it.

Was i the only one who didn't see terry's edit? when reading the topic?

actually looking back i think i read the topic before he edited it. The other users post was 14 mins after terrys edit. In the time it took to for him to compile all those removed links he had in the post one could argue he had already hit post reply by the time terry had edited his post.

Anyway a boardsie regular knows id a mod says ban if *whatever* he will be banned so in my mind this was OTT i think Run_to_da_hills either hit post reply before terry edited the orginal post or else he didnt see it because its not that obvious - looks like part of the sig if you are glancing.

If i am the only one who thinks that banning was OTT i will leave it at that but i do remember from previous posts terry does have a thing against 4 chan. Im not saying he is right or wrong i mean like i said in this post
    User45701 wrote: »
    i dont regularly follow 4chan stuff but if they didnt explose and what this kid/teen what whatever did and if they didnt go to the effort im guessing the video would have been removed from youtube and i dont think any goverment or the UN has allocated funding to track those responsible for doing things/posting things like that.

i know where some of you are comming from but still if what they did stops even one person from doing the same they have done good work

Fair enough some of the weird/strange **** they have done is more than questionable but my post here is about the banning (i just dont want to come across as a supporter of 4chan because some of the stuff has been beyond sick) but i really think this banning was OTT and the warning was not obvious enough.

Advertisement