Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell Signs of a straight acting guy being gay?

Options
  • 21-02-2009 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

How can you tell if a 'straight acting' guy is gay. I mean there must be some way of finding out cos its hard.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

unregged. wrote: »
    How can you tell if a 'straight acting' guy is gay. I mean there must be some way of finding out cos its hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, if it is, you should probably tell your friend how you feel.

Nothing venture, nothing gain!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cabbage Brained

Ask him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You get into a conversation with the person and mention past / current relationships or in some other way mention your own sexuality. If he gay / bi he's probably volunteer the information. That said, I've had lads come up to me and ask directly, "are you gay, bi straight,".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Um, maybe he is straight? Opposed to "straight acting"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

dlofnep wrote: »
    Um, maybe he is straight? Opposed to "straight acting"?
    You really don't get this thread, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Your best bet is to ask him straight out. Ask him if he bats for the pink team, that way you can play it off as a joke if it backfires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Do not that some male brains cannot comprehend being asked "Are you gay". I asked a guy twice, very clearly, "Are you gay?" to which I got "sorry?" Then I asked "Do you play rugby?", the response was "Why yes I play rugby".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

My friends and I often kiss on the lips when we get drunk. Even though I'm not gay I generally try to slip em a bit of tongue just for the laugh. It never works but maybe you'll have better luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Boston wrote: »
    Do not that some male brains cannot comprehend being asked "Are you gay". I asked a guy twice, very clearly, "Are you gay?" to which I got "sorry?" Then I asked "Do you play rugby?", the response was "Why yes I play rugby".
    From which you assumed that the answer to the first question was a "yes" as well? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭smileykey

Check out a guy in front of him and ask him if he agrees/disagrees that he's hot/not, that way you're volunteering information about your sexuality, you're subtly enquiring about his and not making it obvious that you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

If i was you OP, I wouldn't bother asking him. I would just play it cool and enjoy his company, safe in the knowledge that the fantasy is ALWAYS hotter than the reality:D

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

They always swallow!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bagehot

If i was you OP, I wouldn't bother asking him. I would just play it cool and enjoy his company, safe in the knowledge that the fantasy is ALWAYS hotter than the reality:D

God no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I had a similar situation actually.
    I am in fact bi, and I was mad about one of my best friends for ages.
    I enjoyed his company so much I never bothered asking as I did not want to risk our relationship.

We have been mates over 3 years now, and I am sure he is not Bi, seen as he is madly in love with this girl and is very "masc" or straight acting.

I regret not asking him, and it hurts, but it doesn't hurt as much as losing him as a friend would :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Interesting Sometimes you can get an idea. A few years back i was with a gay lad i knew and we say a lad I knew he said to me that lad was staring at you. I didnt take any notice. Turns out few years later he is Gay.
    Another time was talking with a lad I met at a holiday camp. We watched the eurovision that night and it turned out he was. Its hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

My friends and I often kiss on the lips when we get drunk. Even though I'm not gay I generally try to slip em a bit of tongue just for the laugh. It never works but maybe you'll have better luck?
    this sounds homosexual..
    visit your local GP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Nowso wrote: »
    Interesting Sometimes you can get an idea. A few years back i was with a gay lad i knew and we say a lad I knew he said to me that lad was staring at you. I didnt take any notice. Turns out few years later he is Gay.
    Another time was talking with a lad I met at a holiday camp. We watched the eurovision that night and it turned out he was. Its hard to know

Not so hard to tell if he's watching the eurovision. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭digital_d

Ask - play it cool and be ready to think on your feet if it goes a bit wrong
    Hint - very tactfully and if he his he may well get your hint

:cool:

Advertisement