Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk is a joke

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

auerillo wrote: »
    I'm not sure that understanding the various leves of "mods of mods" and "mods" is rthat relevant. You seem to want to nit pick and try to find fault, aan dwant to avoid discussion, so I think it best if I don't reply to your posts in future here in this thread. I come to boards to discuss and have fun, and am not interested in point scoring.

I totally understand. lets just say I reckon you're a total bull****ter, and as you've removed the requirement to stand over arguments, we'll leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭auerillo

tbh wrote: »
    I totally understand. lets just say I reckon you're a total bull****ter, and as you've removed the requirement to stand over arguments, we'll leave it there.

I like to develop arguments rather than stand over them. If you want to argue the substantive issue, as opposed to score points and hurl abuse (eg "...I reckon you're a total bull****ter...") then I'm more than happy to discuss.

I'm sorry, but I find personal remarks rarely help an argument and more often serve to inflame it and direct attention away from the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Jesus, there's a world out there.

Feedback used to be so much fun. All this bitching and complaining ruins everything eventually.

[IMG][/img]lolcats-funny-picture-lalalalala.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You havent made an argument at all though. Not one attempt at proof rather you have simply stated your belief over and over. And you've been pointed to a large number of contradictions to your belief.

You also clearly didnt understand how Helpdesk worked at the start of this thread which undermines you when you make pronouncements on the topic.

I'm sorry, this is yet another vague, unsubstantiated whinge about a perception rather then actual reality.

This thread has 24 hours to live because its producing nothing in the way of genuine feedback at this point, beyond your original assertion which I'm content to describe as "wrong".

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

tbh wrote: »

Heres some feedback so, attack the post not the poster tbh. If anyone other than a mod said this they would receive a ban but some mods like to be abusive and provoke members into making silly comments that get them banned.
    This site started as a few like minded people communicating about a game and grew into a professional site over time. A professional site. Read Dev's responses tbh, he can disagree with someone without resorting to telling them their a total bull****ter. Thats called professionalism.
    Feedback: A standard needs to be set and enforced for the Mods from admin. At the moment its a two tear system and yes I know its a private site (Ive heard the argument so many times its not worth throwing in, why look for feedback if your going to use that argument?) and if Boards wants to come of as a site that doesnt allow input from members without resorting to name calling then well done, thats already achieved. If Boards however wants to be seen as a professional organisation its staff (paid and voluntary) have to act with a certain level of professionalism.
    I didnt read all this thread nor do I need to, tbh I dont know you and this isnt a personal attack on you. I see this here from a few Mods. Its not professional like behaviour. Its what I would expect from a child. Feedback should not be about Mods having a go at a member and it doesnt matter if the Mod is right or wrong, it looks childish.

All suggestions and feedback are discussable by all users... some will give their views forcibly. Like all forums this one is built on civility to one another and staying on topic. Please respect that.

CIVILITY does not involve calling a member a total bull****ter. Whos going to watch the watchers? SMods? Sorry people but to an ordinary member it doesnt appear so.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No one should have "a go at" anyone. Mod or otherwise.

Singling out mods when you make that point confuses the issue.

Calling someone a "bull****ter" isnt particularly civil. Accusing people to nepotism without backup is also a touch insulting.

Take your pick.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

In some forums, the mods seem to have to display this degree of professionalism while weathering a fairly sizeable amount of personal abuse, both on and off the site, and both on and away from the internet itself.

I'm all for civility. Mainly because I'd just like to see more of it myself as well...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

DeVore wrote: »
    This thread has 24 hours to live because its producing nothing in the way of genuine feedback at this point...

DeV.
    Soft-touch, tbh. That's about 192 hours too long.

Soft-touch, tbh. That's about 192 hours too long.
    I was always told I was slow in school...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement