Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny Smelling Urine

• 21-02-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads

My Urine smells very funny lately like "chickateese"

wtf I hear you say!

Has this happened to anyone, Any idea's

Dont say go to a doc this is obvious I did and all checked out fine.

But its not something I would like the wife to notice at certain times if you get my meaning

Any advice (Worth while) appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Are you drinking plenty of water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Are you drinking plenty of water?

Yes - I drink a lot of tea as well to keep me awake!

Did your doc send off a urine sample for testing? It sounds odd that you got the all clear without an explanation as to what may be causing it?

Did your doc send off a urine sample for testing? It sounds odd that you got the all clear without an explanation as to what may be causing it?

Yeap, He done full tests on me i was not spec there for urine but he tested everything. I have even googled this but cant seem to get to the bottom of it.

Sorry, don't understand your post. Did he get a sample of your urine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

What's chickateese?

Have you been eating asparagus? That makes your urine smell weird.

luckat wrote: »
    What's chickateese?

Have you been eating asparagus? That makes your urine smell weird.

Yes he took urine, It was all clear. I know your saying whats the problem but above is the problem

Dont like asparagus. I eat normal veg pasta meat etc

Chicateese are chicken flavoured chrisps

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i have the same problem.never got it checked out .the smell comes and goes .i think is do with wot i eat or drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

It's probably the tea, and not drinking enough water to go along with it. But there could be a minor underlying infection somewhere in the gut. Fruit juice, especially pineapple or cranberry juice, are natural flushes that'll clear out your system and most harmful bacteria.

I'd also drink a glass or so of water with every cup of tea you drink.

At any rate, I'd go back to your doctor and have a proper formal medical opinion on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm not being funny when I say this but it might be something that only you can smell. There are certain foods that 99.99% of the population don't get any smell from but 0.01% of people will get a definite smell off it. It could be that this is one of those smells and you have the right genetics to smell the chemical.

In case it's not that, then when you do notice this smell, look back at what you ate and drank that day, take a note of it. Do this every time you smell it and you may be able to identify the food (if it is a food) that is causing it.

Going to a doctor when your urine smells is the key. Perhaps take your own sample with you and give it to him for testing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I get chickateese smelling pee too sometimes! I can't remember the reason, I but I knew in the past, and it was related to my diet.

Thanks for your comments. It seems i am not the only one. The science bit about the 99.9% I dont really go with but thanks I will watch my diet and see if there is any connection

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well whenever i drink lots of coffee i get coffee smelling pee

and also when i eat sugar smacks i get sugar smacks smelling pee too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement