Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy in Dublin?

• 21-02-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anyone know where I'd get the following in Dublin?

*Red Snapper Fillets (Tried Kish Fish / Superquinn / Molloys)

*Wholewheat Tortillas (Tried Dunnes/M&S/SQ)

*Romesco Sauce (Tried Fallon & Byrne)

*Cacao Nibs

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

red snapper was on sale in molloys on Baggot St (opposite Toner's a couple of weeks ago), wholewheat tortillas probably get in a health food shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

thanks jdivision

I gave Molloys a call but they didn't have any red snapper,
    don't think it's a fish they have everyday.

Reading around the net tilapia seems to be a good alternative,
    is it easy to find in Dublin?

Anyone know where I might get Green relish in Dublin:

relish_lg.jpg

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

Found Whole Wheat tortillas in Dunnes Stores Rathmines.
    Old ElPaso brand

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Did you try the fish shops in Howth for Red Snapper? They stock a wide range, might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Sounds like you were really unlucky the days you looked! 99% of the time M&S stock wholewheat tortillas.

Romesco sauce - I have never seen this on a shop shelf but a number of restaurants in Dublin serve dishes that include Romesco sauce. Presuming they don't make their own, you could ask Balzac (French brasserie) in Hotel La Stampa, or Bodega in Dun Laoghaire, where they get theirs. Alternatively, here is a recipe to make your own.

Have you tried the fish market on a Saturday morning in Templebar for red snapper fillets? I am not a fish person so couldn't advise.

Again with cacao nibs, you could ask the chocolate stand in the Templebar food market where they get theirs as they claim their chocolate is hand-made.

Green relish? Haven't a clue. As it's an American specialty you might need to order it online, or ask Fallon and Byrne to get it for you. I imagine you'll pay an arm and a leg for it! (Edit: you can't even really make this yourself, unless you can get your hands on some green tomatoes.)

Picky ain't ya! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement