Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Dublin rant thread?.

Options
  • 21-02-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Who'd like one?.

But with one VERY strict rule - personal abuse and you'll be banned for ONE MONTH - no warnings, my decision would be final and I won't enter into a feedback debate over it so your behaviour would have to be absolutely spot on.

I'm thinking, let the forum rant - I'll give it the weekend and close it on Monday.

Yes or No (remember the abuse rule & lenghty ban).

A Dublin rant thread?. 21 votes

Yes, and I agree with the ban rule.
    0%
    No, its opening a can of worms & WBA tear his hair out.
    100%
    Rasherssunnyjim[Deleted User]Tristramdelta_bravoFajitas!crosstownkDirk GentlyJohn Masonstanley1Hard LarryPeadar06Gavin "shels"Danbo!Jay DhumberklogCianRyanAssdonvito99Sundew 21 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads, keep this strictly on topic.

I know there's other issues surrounding it, we can knock these about in another thread.

Yes or No for a rant thread and its rules?.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Let's give it a go shur.

Give it a week and see. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

I'm in favour of the rant thread.

Ah yeah, ranting is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The people that rant about how crap the city is are nearly always proven to know nothing about the city by people who know and love it. Look at some of the posts! They are factually wrong! Someone on there has lambasted the place because there is only one 50 meter pool in the country, there are three in the country, two of them are in Dublin.

You are always going to get ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Isn't there already a Dublin Rant forum?

Think they call it "Cork City" forum :D

I think its a good idea but a month long ban seems a bit harsh TBH, surely 2 weeks would suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

lightening wrote: »
    The people that rant about how crap the city is are nearly always proven to know nothing about the city by people who know and love it. Look at some of the posts! They are factually wrong! Someone on there has lambasted the place because there is only one 50 meter pool in the country, there are three in the country, two of them are in Dublin.

You are always going to get ignorance.
    Just for the record I was only aware of 2, the one at the UL arena in Limerick and the national aquatic centre in Dublin. Where is the other>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Give it a go , Sure whats the worst that can happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

1huge1 wrote: »
    Just for the record I was only aware of 2, the one at the UL arena in Limerick and the national aquatic centre in Dublin. Where is the other>

Westwood Fairview

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Cant say I particularly like this idea Mairt, and I think you're going to create work for yourself!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Can't beat a good rant. Even (or particularly) if it's knee kerk, ill informed, out of order and damn right WRONG!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

humberklog wrote: »
    Can't beat a good rant.

And... the anti Dubs are always proven wrong.

I'm jumping in...IMMA! Shower of w*ankers! A beautiful setting awkwardly situated but the lazy management do NOTHING to inform the public of its whereabouts, the easiest way by public transport and seldom put up advertising for its current events. They won't even put up a sign at the Kilmainham Gates so when one takes the 500m walk up in expectation of a new exhibit the place is more often closed! These dozy feckers should be dragged, kicking and screaming, to a course on PR. And JAYZUZ! When they do get their hands on a decent peice of stuff they cram the gallery with as much as the walls will take irregardless of whether it comes together holistically. So often they completely rubbish decent stuff with their neanderthal attitude display and content.
    They've beautiful gardens and they stick the cafe underground!?
    IMMA= FnCKWITS!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm jumping in...IMMA! Shower of w*ankers! A beautiful setting awkwardly situated but the lazy management do NOTHING to inform the public of its whereabouts, the easiest way by public transport and seldom put up advertising for its current events. They won't even put up a sign at the Kilmainham Gates so when one takes the 500m walk up in expectation of a new exhibit the place is more often closed! These dozy feckers should be dragged, kicking and screaming, to a course on PR. And JAYZUZ! When they do get their hands on a decent peice of stuff they cram the gallery with as much as the walls will take irregardless of whether it comes together holistically. So often they completely rubbish decent stuff with their neanderthal attitude display and content.
    They've beautiful gardens and they stick the cafe underground!?
    IMMA= FnCKWITS!
    I like it humberklog - knowing that all the skangers reading this haven't a clue what IMMA stands for or what they do! :)

**grabs popcorn and sits back**

Actually, an idea for a rant thread with a difference - How about you only rant if you're willing to do something about the problem (Not violence, I may add). As in, if you're going to have a go off someone/something, then at least ask for the relevant contact details to complain to properly, or the relevant authorities to report it, and if you're not willing to do it, then keep your rant to yourself.

If several people come on with the same complain, and have the contact details given to them, something might actually be done about it :)

Or am I just ranting?

Fajitas! wrote: »

Or am I just ranting?
    You're just ranting:pac:!
    Well what more can I do!? I go weekly, wave my finger huff and puff and I've even rang the gen man twice. Won't give his name here but he's Spanish...and nothing from him! Nada! So I continue to go weekly and rant (it's also good for flying my stunt kite and it's only up the road). They didn't even have anything on over the nid-term when both parents and kids are about. These abortionists haven't a scooby-doo how to run a public amenity. It's typical irish cultural elitism. I'm an ordinary Joe that loves Art and modern art, we have a big space in a far off place and the feckers intrusted to draw the likes of me in FAIL!

But Wish more people would know what it is if these clowns got their act together.

I started a thread a good while back on the Arts forum here but no-one was biting. No-one cared. But that's not the failing of society it's the failing of IMMA management.

Then you've done your part :)

Im pre-empting the folk that won't do that! :p

I'll get on to someone involved in the board during the week btw. They're in need of a bit of nagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

But Wish more people would know what it is if these clowns got their act together.

I started a thread a good while back on the Arts forum here but no-one was biting. No-one cared. But that's not the failing of society it's the failing of IMMA management.
    Despite all their posturing (for grants) most of the 'arty' set don't want any of the masses to get interested. Imagine 'Anto' and 'Natalie' parading around the Royal Hospital!

But that's what's needed Wish and could be obtained. They allow the circus to set up over chrimbo and right there is a willing audience but yet they make ZERO attempt to garner from that transient group. The place is full of kids called Siorse!(and I think that's the way they like it).
    They do have good ideas (the interactive room) and do get good artist (you don't have to like them all) but for e.g. : they had a Cecil King expo on a little while back. They got their hands on a huge content and flooded the walls with his work. Now Cecil was a minimal type of guy so those feckin twats negated the whole style of Cecil's work in how they displayed it. By the way this display went totally un-promoted (that I could see).
    They should be advertising the place on the Luas stops but since the Luas started (which should have re-juvinated it's popularity) they haven't once (that I've seen) utilized this trade. TO THE GALLOWS!!!(Across the road in the Gaol. Which is by the way brilliant at getting it's trade going). I notice tourist going to the Gaol and staring at the hospital not knowing what it is...there's tourists and trade right there!!! And what do IMMA do? Nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

How about a 'Best and Worst of Dublin' thread instead so you are not just giving people who hate the place open slather to vent their skewed views?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I say give it a go but will you get one hit wonders who just join to RANT!!!
    They won't give a damm being banned and may just go back to their alter ego ;)

Advertisement