Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zidane : a 21st century portrait / 25/2/09 , 22.00 hr

• 21-02-2009 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭

25 Feb 2009, 22:00 on BBC Four

Synopsis:Impressionistic and captivating film about the art of a great footballer and the intensity of a live experience. 17 cameras follow Zinedine Zidane ceaselessly during Real Madrid's home match against Villareal in 2005, and the resulting film depicts the entire 90-minute match entirely from his perspective.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hw3s2

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

have it on Digital Versatile Disc
    2 thumbs up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Such a great movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I watched this on Wednesday. First half was pretty boring but it was excellent in the 2nd half. He hardly said a word in the whole match which the loud mouth Sunday league players telling people to call for a pass should take note of. ;) It was great seeing his little tussle and how his anger was building leading up to his sending off. Carlos was telling him to cool down when to be honest Zidane couldn't have looked any cooler. Then Zidane couldn't wipe the smile off his face for about 15 seconds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Boring movie, great soundtrack, exceptional player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'd rather watch Scholes tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I love the soundtrack by Mogwai, but the film....kinda strange watchin it with no commentary, but then its art, not football. Worth a watch though, for any football fan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I can't wait for the C. Ronaldo version, he'll be giving all the cameras his beautiful poses, and wink before he takes a free-kick or penalty. :pac:

Mogwai are amazingly great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

eZe^ wrote: »
    Mogwai are amazingly great though.
    And typically big Celtic fans! ;)

Advertisement