Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 routers one phone line

• 21-02-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭

Right what with me father chaning the ISP every time someone rings up, He cant say no to people if they are nice to him, I have a few spare routers. The one i have now that Im using with computer is the Netopia 2247nwg. Anyways thats wirelss, which is handy when I use me twin brothers laptop to bridge the connection, but annoying cos he always wants to use the laptop, the fecking cheek of him.
    Anyways I have another crap wireless Netopia cayman 3347W lying around.
    What I was wondring is there any way to have the suse the apsre wirelless one as a bridge thingmebob and have it in me room.
    I'm not great at explaining things so if anyone can figure out what I just tried to say I would be greatful if ye could help.
    I presume I dont have to have the spare wireless hooked up tot he computer cos well, I dont know but it dont make sense, just like meself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

well seany boy,you could try and confiure the channell and ssid settings on the spare router and see can you get it to recive signal from the main router if thats wot your gettin at,but if that fails look at mickoneils post in P eyes thread about the plug in adapters,and im sure iv seen thse type ting cheaper on ebay and they were also a plug adapter type so u wouldnt need extra socketsor extension cables,its best way forward :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Honeybadger is talking about a homeplug setup there...

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=53M6&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=homeplug&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=50909

I have the set above.. They work a treat, have one in my bedroom that feeds a switch that feeds my server, pc and 360. And then I've another 3 around the house for the GF's pc n network printer n my XBMC setup.. Its way better than the wireless, speeds are always constant on it n it never drops out. Worth the investment I think, means no matter where in the house ur 360 is u'll be able to get a live connection(u can plug the second wireless router into it too to extend the wireless range around the house etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hey cheers for the help men. That plug in adapter thing sounds like the way forward. Must hunt around town tomorrow for one. Bloody laptop is wrecking me bulb.

Advertisement