Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

off roading in louth

Options
  • 21-02-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI,
    does anybody know where there is somewhere to have a bit of fun off road in the Louth/ Meath area. Health and safety wont let me use the HUGE empty buliding site behind my house.:confused:
    Also any arguments to help me get into the site would be appreciated.:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if shes a big open green grass field and your car has a cage + usual safety gear shouldn't be an issue... but irelands built around insurance so no matter what you do you Must be insured... which is good in theory but hey... better safe then sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

HI,
    does anybody know where there is somewhere to have a bit of fun off road in the Louth/ Meath area. Health and safety wont let me use the HUGE empty buliding site behind my house.:confused:

Building sites are a big insurance nono. Anything that happens on the site is the responsibility of the contractor. You could probably sue if you only got a puncture never mind the hazards like foundation trenches, heavy machinery, building materials.
    Did you ever see what happened Grondholm (wrc driver) when he drove over a reinforcing bar?

I know its not real off roading but there really is nothing better than getting an OS discovery series map and heading up the mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

HI,

your best bet is go for a few random exploration drives and you will surely come across some cool places. some may be more legal than others though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 owlite700

The Cooley mountains used to be a great place to go off roading but new by laws have put an end to most of that.There is a motocross track in kilcurry on the armagh road north west of dundalk its open to members of the club and its not too expensive to join.I used to go there way back,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Off road insurance, boy don't get me started.
    I remember driving one of the very, very few sites in dublin that could easily be used for off roading, at the time the land owner was on for making a few euro "renting" the area to us, but only if we had insurance.
    It took months to find a broker that would cover us, but by then the land owner wouldn't let us use it as Quads and scramblers had been using it and tore it to shreds, so we couldn't get in.
    If your in Louth, Todds Leap is just across the border, there was a place I've seen advertised in the Land rover mags for Piperstown, Drogheda, but the website is off line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement