Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munich!

• 21-02-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Appreciate any advice/experience you have on the following:
    Myself and a friend are planning on heading over to Munich in the next few weeks to try and find some work until September when we'll return for college. I've heard recommendations about applying for barwork (no experience though) or tree-surgeory (?).
    Is it tough to find work in these areas for someone young with an average amount of work experience?
    Also, with regards accomodation we're planning on staying in a hostel when we arrive until we find somewhere nice and relatively cheap to rent for the few months.
    Any recommendations for accom/work/things to do there are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

Hi there - I lived in Munich with my mates a few years back - great place loads to do there. Accomodation wise we stayed in hostels and camping sites the first few weeks which was great craic. As soon as we got jobs we moved into a proper flat. Once you get a green card sorted you can register with job agencies and they can get you work - depending on your german it can be anything from sales to warehouse op work. Working in BMW is fairly common as they are a big employer there. Money was good and there was plenty of good bars (Irish of course) to spend it in. Totally recommend it - in fact were going back this october for the beer fest - missed it 1st time around.

Advertisement