Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swollen glands

• 21-02-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has gotten this reasonately; the glands under my ears have swollen up pretty big over the last few days. I went to see the doctor and he said it looked just like mumps based on my face but based on further tests he said it wasnt mumps (no glands swollen elsewhere). A blood sample was sent away to see if its anything and he said the swelling should go down within a few days. Didnt give any reasoning as to how this happened. Anyone got this lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I have glands swollen on one side only. Turns out its shingles, but the rash is present too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Swollen glands are a symptom of inflammation, i.e. your immune system is actively engaged against something. There could be any number of reasons for this so just because two or three or even ten people have swollen glands does not mean they are suffering from the same thing. They could all have different reasons for having swollen glands.

I suggest you go back to your doctor and ask for more information. If the glands are still swollen go back to your doctor.

There's not much else to say so I'm going to close this thread. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement