Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting from Vodafone RTG to 3Pay

• 21-02-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

What is the procedure for porting from Vodafone RTG to 3Pay. I purchased a new phone and sim pack yesterday. I was not advised of the porting process. I did find a form on line which I completed last night. I received an email acknowledgement. So far nothing has happened.

How long should be allowed? Does that form even work? Should the shop have taken care of it for me?

Thanks
    Jimbo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would imagine that the shop would be the ones to do the porting for you.
    Unless of course porting to 3 was unavailable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ISPCA Watch

Thanks for your recent porting request through www.three.ie. A customer service agent will contact you shortly to verify your identity, and then we can proceed with moving your number to 3. Please note your unique reference number which is xxxxxx.

If you have any questions about this request, or indeed, if you did not request this port, please contact us on 083-3333333 to speak with one of our advisors today.

Welcome to 3!

Customer Relations Team, 3 Ireland.
    That is the email I received from them.

Which phone number will they ring? The VF number or the 3 number the shop gave me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No idea. Drunkmonkey should be able to help you. He seems very well up on all matters 3 related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bond-007 wrote: »
    No idea. Drunkmonkey should be able to help you. He seems very well up on all matters 3 related.

he's banned at the moment. the email seems very self explanatory. wait for the call and they'll tell you what to do. it'll most likely just involve calling out the number that's written on the sim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

What is the procedure for porting from Vodafone RTG to 3Pay. I purchased a new phone and sim pack yesterday. I was not advised of the porting process. I did find a form on line which I completed last night. I received an email acknowledgement. So far nothing has happened.

How long should be allowed? Does that form even work? Should the shop have taken care of it for me?

Thanks
    Jimbo

I had this done a couple of weeks ago, I just rang Customer Service and they put me on to a tech guy. He rang me back on the number I wanted ported to confirm I was the owner of the phone/number.

It took no more the five minutes to complete. I am very happy with Three thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

That is the email I received from them.

Which phone number will they ring? The VF number or the 3 number the shop gave me?
    If you have a VF number and the 3 shop gave you a new number, then you're not porting (switching), you're just getting a new number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

failsafe wrote: »
    If you have a VF number and the 3 shop gave you a new number, then you're not porting (switching), you're just getting a new number!

all 3 sims have a number on them by default and the number disappears when the customer's number is ported onto it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Call 3 customer care on 1913 and they will help you. If you did not tell them you wanted to port your number when you were in the store then obviously they would not have submitted the port for you.

Advertisement