Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

megadeth vs metallica

Options
  • 21-02-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

for me i am a huge fan of both though to choose megadeth would be the better band....

vote for who think kicks ass better....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

oh god not again...

Megadeth - Better lead guitarist's technically, not as many good songs IMO

Metallica - Better frontman, better songs but sh1te drummer at times. IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Metallica used to be good...
    Megadeth are good...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not agaiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn!!

It's horses for courses. Personally I think music wise, Megadeth aged better, but Metallica achieved more success wise.

That's the long and the short of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Feck sake, it has been debated a million times too often!! And wouldn't this be better on Rock & Metal? Anyway, I prefer Megadeth personally, I reckon they have better songs and they're pure riffage!! Metallica have good songs, and more success, but they aren't as good as Megadeth musically IMO. And their Drummer, Lars Ulrich is a bollox, more than Dave Mustaine will ever be (and that's hard).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ShawnRaven wrote: »

It's horses for courses. Personally I think music wise, Megadeth aged better, but Metallica achieved more success wise.

+1

Death Magnetic is IMO the best of the later period albums from both

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    +1

Death Magnetic is IMO the best of the later period albums from both

Shouldn't you be watching UFC, rovert? ;)

Not sure if i agree with your opinion on DM though. Although i loved United Abominations, as opposed to the abomination James & Co churned out last year. To me, Sleepwalker alone knocks spots off anything off DM.

But that's me, i prefer my metal to have a little more speed in it.
    Megadeth do it because they want to.
    Metallica did it because they HAD to.

Shouldn't you be watching UFC, rovert? ;)

I am too many ads on Setanta tho. :pac:
    Not sure if i agree with your opinion on DM though. Although i loved United Abominations, as opposed to the abomination James & Co churned out last year. To me, Sleepwalker alone knocks spots off anything off DM.

I just cringe at some of the lyrics and song titles on United Abominations. Im not say DM is anything special but at least it is varied.

I am too many ads on Setanta tho. :pac:

I missed the first 30 minutes, as a result i'm probs gonna wait for the repeat and hope to good god they don't clip it to crap like they did for 93. But to get back on topic...
    I just cringe at some of the lyrics and song titles on United Abominations. Im not say DM is anything special but at least it is varied.

Well, I guess Metallica learned their lesson from Fran-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tock-tic-tic-tic-tic-snore. ;)

Dave still has time ;)

SR did you see Megadeth play the Affliction PPV last year?

SR did you see Megadeth play the Affliction PPV last year?

I didn't actually, it was shown on The Crap Network, which i don't have, unfortunately. Decent performance?

• Advertisement

I didn't actually, it was shown on The Crap Network, which i don't have, unfortunately. Decent performance?

Sound was bad and NO ONE in the crowd cared. Which was disappointing as I thought there would be at least some crossover between fans of both. On a sidenote lets not mention Megadeth and WCW. :p

Sound was bad and NO ONE in the crowd cared. Which was disappointing as I thought there would be at least some crossover between fans of both. On a sidenote lets not mention Megadeth and WCW. :p

Live bands and MMA don't really mix. Which is why UFC rarely (if at all) use them, and Affliction are struggling to stay in business.* ;)

*one of many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

did anyone got to see megadeth on the testament megadeth judis priest concert in the o2 ****ing great concert best part megadeth **** yeah dave mustaine in ****ing great form a sight to see brilliant concert...

shezzie wrote: »
    did anyone got to see megadeth on the testament megadeth judis priest concert in the o2 ****ing great concert best part megadeth **** yeah dave mustaine in ****ing great form a sight to see brilliant concert...
    Very good, but can you say that with fullstops, capital letters, less swearing and more intellect to what you're saying???

Edit: Sorry about that newbie, wasn't in 'my form' then. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nailz wrote: »
    intullect

Condescending. You're doing it wrong.

Nailz wrote: »
    Very good, but can you say that with fullstops, capital letters, less swearing and more intullect to what you're saying???

Way to pick on the newbie.... hey wait, i thought that was my job? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

+1
    I think that sums it up nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

even james hetfield prefers megadeath

Condescending. You're doing it wrong.
    Intellect. My bad, sure did you see the time of day? I didn't even remember I wrote that when I came into this thread!

Advertisement