Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public sector - Just shut up and take your medicine.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 hughs

bobbbb wrote: »
    Nobody has told me of any coherent action from all of the public service unions.
    Do you know of any? Be mature, out with it.

I think you know the outcome of the marches too, only too well.

I work in the private sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Bobbb is clearly a public sector shrill. Only a protected member of a class which earns 30% more than the private sector would think that private sector workers go on three holidays a year, or that people who may lose their jobs this year - pretty much the entire private sector has some risk - will be spending money rather than saving for a rainy day.

Only the public sector can safely do that since they:

a) earn more than the private sector, and
    b) dont have to worry about jobs,and
    c) have far more holidays every year anyway.

Franky, every day is a holiday.

The levy is not enough. That merely equalizes the pension cots of private and public sector - beyond that we need to look at benchmarking the public sector - down by 10% a year (as with the private sector this year), removing right to tenure, and replacing them with cheaper foreign workers where appropriate. We also need to ban all public sector unions - unions which represent the ABC class are merely guilds, these muppets want the private sector - the C and Ds - to pay more taxes to "equalise" things with the private secotr where wages are declining at a strip. They want private sector workers to get even poorer - Marx must be turning in his grave.

That would equalise things a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

asdasd wrote: »
    ... which earns 30% more than the private sector...
    I don't understand where this fact has come from. If I apply it to me, it would mean that in the private sector people earn approx 19,000? I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

F-Stop wrote: »
    bobbbb is a trollll
    *Honey* wrote: »
    Most intelligent statement I've seen on this thread yet!!! ;)

Do not call people trolls on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

*Honey* wrote: »
    Most intelligent statement I've seen on this thread yet!!! ;)

hey .. i said he was a keyboard agent provocateur.. i thought you weren't allowed call someone a troll on boards :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I don't understand where this fact has come from. If I apply it to me, it would mean that in the private sector people earn approx 19,000? I don't think so

hint: you may be earning below the average.

EDIT: And there are certainly private sector workers earing 19K a year, and les, and more: most in that class will earn that for life. You wil significatnyl increase your income by late middle age without any necessary promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

asdasd wrote: »
    hint: you may be earning below the average.
    so are the 13,000 that are going on strike on Thursday and are getting critisized for it and tarred with the same brush as the high earners.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭keizer

I hope the OP never needs a guard when his house is broken into, never needs a nurse if/when and while he's at it he might as well never have kids becasue they will need teachers.....what a w**K3r

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

keizer wrote: »
    I hope the OP never needs a guard when his house is broken into, never needs a nurse if/when and while he's at it he might as well never have kids becasue they will need teachers.....what a w**K3r
    Ah c'mon, not this old chestnut - I've asked this before: What percentage of the PS/CS are actually front-line nurses, doctors, Gardai, and teachers? Because it's a bit irritating to have the constant implication that they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tensions are high and this thread is generating a lot of it. I'm closing it now rather than letting it continue to develop and having to start banning people which is something we all want to avoid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement