Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox owners beware...

• 21-02-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

what a bunch of **** microsoft are...
    beware if u get the rrod.
    i got em on 8th jan and still waiting on my console which is an elite.
    only to find out today my console is still sitting in ups finglas.
    been on to xbox support 5 times and spelling my whole conversation to
    staff that have very little english and understanding.
    also cant check status of repair online because its wants my postal code..

dont think ill ever buy anything by microsoft again.....!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

As I said in the other thread, would that not be UPS's fault. I if it wasn't sent to either you or microsoft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

OP, are you going to xbox.com, or xbox.ie? You'll get asked for your postal code if you're going to xbox.com, or xbox.co.uk.
    Go to XBox.ie, scroll over the support drop down menu, and click on register and repair. Then just put in your service number. It'll tell you the status of your 360.

Is it waiting inFinglas to go to the repair place, or to come back to you? Don't bother calling Microsoft, they have nothing to do with UPS. Call UPS, your package no. will be on the receipt the driver gave you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

No service requests were found, please re-enter your information to try again or Sign In at Device Service Home to view all repair requests.

ups driver didnt give receipt said they dont use paper it all electronic..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

How are mircosoft a load of **** if UPS are the ones with your console?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

8 days from sending to receipt of new one.

cant complain got it back on xmas eve

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

same here, mine was really fast and a very professional service.,:)

Brother had to send his off before (RROD) and he got it back in less than two weeks. Had to send it off a second time, and he got it back in less than two weeks again, and when they were on the phone with him, they gave him a choice of games, one of which he could have free for the inconvenience of the second problem (i believe he also got a free month of LIVE with the first problem).

They also supplied him with a box to package the 360 in for sending it off when he said he didn't have anything suitable to pack it in.

Although i haven't experienced it first-hand, it seems like a professional operation to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Everyone on the phone that i've spoken to so far has had very good English..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How do you know that UPS currently have your console in Finglas if you do not have any tracking numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

This is for sure a UPS problem not Microsoft. Microsoft can only work on it when they have the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I used to work for MS tech support. Customer satisfaction is for MS very important, despite their dominant position on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Just registered my console now as it no longer reads discs. :(

It appears the warranty is expired however I purchased it only months ago (new) which is quite strange as I have been told it was 1 year for general problems and 3 years for 3 rings.

So 2 quick questions -
    1) How long is the warranty for things unrelated to 3 rings
    2) Can I still ask for a repair but pay for it if the warranty has indeed expired.

Thanks in advance guys
    Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

RedXIII wrote: »

It appears the warranty is expired however I purchased it only months ago (new) which is quite strange as I have been told it was 1 year for general problems and 3 years for 3 rings.

So 2 quick questions -
    2) Can I still ask for a repair but pay for it if the warranty has indeed expired.

Thanks in advance guys
    Red

1) Two years.
    2) Yep you can pay. Not sure if they use a fixed fee but it cost about €88 for me to get a GPU issue fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

RedXIII wrote: »

So 2 quick questions -

Thanks in advance guys
    Red

If you only bought it a few months ago and its somehow already showing as out of warranty, bring it back to the retailer you bought it from, who are legally obliged to sort you out within the 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I own several 360 consoles (yeah I'm an XBL addict :o) and have suffered RROD numerous times. I've always found MS very efficient to deal with when it comes to RROD. I've always had my consoles returned within two/three weeks. Just make sure to register your console on xbox.com as soon as you purchase it, makes the process a lot smoother.

MS recently launched the jasper model 360. This newer version should run much cooler than previous units and shouldn't suffer RROD anymore. Unfortunately, that doesn't help us who have older models but nice to know that they've finally solved the problem instead of just offering extended warranties. Now if I can just convince my girlfriend to upgrade my oldest 360 for my birthday..... :D

Advertisement