Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOTOGP 2009

• 21-02-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

so who do you guys is going to win this year. i am a huge fan of 2006 winner nicky hayden especially as he has finally gotten away from that feckless honda team talk bout not supporting him last year and as for danny pedrosa as a team mate...and getting the preferencial treatment from honda ....cant wait to see nicky on the ducati bike should be very interesting...

so who do ye think will win???i think the barrell is shook alittle on this year would love nicky to do it again...:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Nicky is having trouble with the rear of the ducati atm and is upto 2 seconds off the pace of stoner in testing so in my honest opinion he dosn't have a chance

Pedrosa has been told by Honda that if he dosnt win the title this year his gone along with his arsehole manager. pedrosa will win races but wont win the championship

Lorenzo is one to look out for this year i think he has a very strong chance of winning the crown this year as long as he can steer clear of more injurys

Dovi is another one who will win a race or two this year but in my opinion will not win any championships

Stoner has to be a favorite for the title this year depending on how his wrist will after a recent operation on his scaphoid bone. currently he can only do about four laps ina row at race pace before he runs out of energy in that wrist

As a Rossi fan i want vale to win this year his been very fast in testing but his up against a very strong field so it will be a very interesting season indeed

Vale 46

Hayden was the worst winner of the moto gp I have ever seen.

He only won because of Rossi's unbeliavable bad luck,if ever a rider didnt deserve to win it,it was him.

As a result I have a huge dislike of hayden.

Vale 46

Hayden was the worst winner of the moto gp I have ever seen.

He only won because of Rossi's unbeliavable bad luck,if ever a rider didnt deserve to win it,it was him.

As a result I have a huge dislike of hayden.

Disagree with that Rossi had plenty of chances to tie that season up and he didn't.yes he had plenty of bad luck (bad chater in the front end early in the season braking down while leading the french gp and tyre trouble in laguna seca which led to engine failure and a couple other tyre problems but Hayden had his fair share aswell including Pedrosa taking him out at estoril) Rossi only had to finish in the top five in Valencia to win the title he didn't he made a stupid mistake on the first lap and fell off handing the championship to Hayden.

by your reasoning Rossi only won this years championship because of stoners bad luck.

Like i said in my first post im a massive Rossi fan but would never take anything away from Hayden he was consistent and Rossi wasn't and Hayden won the championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 starsat

will be interesting to see how gibernau fits into the paddock at the mo.. know he has only been gone 2 seasons but alot has changed even the bikes.... will the old rivalry between him and vale cause a few close calls or will the young bucks be too much for him....disappointed that kawasaki have pulled the plug just always thought the could have done will a level head like gibernau to get them back at the races....Heres one that is hoping that the GOAT has another great year... will miss the commentary on eurosport... bbc gets on my wick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Grim. wrote: »
    Disagree with that Rossi had plenty of chances to tie that season up and he didn't.yes he had plenty of bad luck (bad chater in the front end early in the season braking down while leading the french gp and tyre trouble in laguna seca which led to engine failure and a couple other tyre problems but Hayden had his fair share aswell including Pedrosa taking him out at estoril) Rossi only had to finish in the top five in Valencia to win the title he didn't he made a stupid mistake on the first lap and fell off handing the championship to Hayden.

by your reasoning Rossi only won this years championship because of stoners bad luck.

Totally disagree, did you not watch all of last years races and have you alread forgotten 2006???
    Rossi won the deserved 2008 championship, it was nowhere near the fact Stoner was unlucky. Stoner lost to Rossi one on one on occasions cos he couldn't keep up, it wasn't down to bad luck like Rossi in 2006. There is just no comparison in the 2008 & 2006 championship races.

Goose is dead right. Hayden won the 2006 championship on the fact that Rossi had a lot of bad luck and also remember he did not finish a lot of races because of the machine, not by his own mistakes. There were M1 engine failures, gearbox issues, crashes etc. Rossi had a hard time of it that year, he was very unlucky.

Champions win races. Hayden won very little in the 2006 and yet he won the championship. That is just wrong. Hayden won mainly on his podium finishes, not points for race wins, therefore he is not a true deserved champion. I'm sorry but I feel the 2006 title was wasted.

In 2007 Stoner won a lot of races alright but look what he was on, the new improved Ducati. There was nothing catching that bike in 2007, but fair is fair, Ducati found the right rider for the job and he won and deserved the 2007 title. But c'mon, there was the same bike and same rider in 2008, bad luck had nothing to do with Stoner losing to Rossi. Stoner was just too cocky in 2008 and thought he could do it all again and as easy so he got sloppy and made mistakes.

This year will be very interesting indeed. I just can't wait and I'm not making any predictions. The one thing I do hope will happen, and it's just for personal reaons of course, is that Sete will do very badly and realise he is no longer cut out for Moto GP and should have stayed retired.

• Advertisement

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Totally disagree, did you not watch all of last years races and have you alread forgotten 2006???
    Rossi won the deserved 2008 championship

Did you not read my post?

and like i said Rossi had plenty of chances to tie the season up but didnt even with the break downs not saying hayden deserved the championship but he still won it

I can read.

There was no "reasoning". There was a fact.

so rossi is the only one who can be unlucky now?

Grim. wrote: »
    so rossi is the only one who can be unlucky now?

I never said or implied that.

What I did say is that Stoner didn't have the bad luck in 2008 that Rossi had in 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Of course Hayden deserved the 2006 championship. You make it sound like he just turned up at every event and was handed the championship. As far as i remember he consistently finished on the podium in 06 which is as it turns is tough to do. Its not his fault Yamaha gave Rossi a crap bike that year, and i remember Hayden being very unlucky in Estoril which gave Rossi the chance to win it in Valencia and he dropped it.

This year i think it will be Rossi he seems to have Stoner rattled and gained the advantage over him, I hope it will be closer this year and Lorenzo and Dovi will challenge for the championship with Rossi and Stoner.

I'm not sure about Hayden on the ducati only Stoner seems to be able to ride it as fast as it can go, but i hope he gets to grips with it.

• Advertisement

I did not make out like he was handed the championship.
    I stand by what I said.
    I belive Hayden won the championship on podium places not on race wins.
    A champion wins races. Hayden is not a consistent race winner.
    Some people believe he didn't deserve it, some people believe he did.

Apart from the debate on whether he is a deserved champion, Hayden has humbled a lot since 2006 and his attitude as a rider has changed very much since 2005. I do like the guy and in 2008 I was rooting for him to do well and I do hope he kicks a$$ on the ducati in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

Nicky Hayden has been struggling in testing with the Ducati . Its a difficult bike to rike as demonstrated by Marco Melandri last year. In contrast, Casey Stoner has consistently been quickest in pre-season testing .

Advertisement