Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi hotspots (certain places)

Options
  • 21-02-2009 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I know that virtually the entire UCD Campus has wireless access but I heard that the speeds in certain places vary.So say if I wanted to upload videos to YouTube of a medium-famous group from Wicklow using the 'faster than my home network' network,where would be a good place to go? I do thank you for your ideas :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Just do it wherever you normally are in UCD, speeds vary between time of day and day of week.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's got to do with loading of individual cells, not location. All the UCD network is very fast anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

individual cells? Do explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

Grimes wrote: »
    individual cells? Do explain

Wireless is provided by a (vast) number of access points ("cells"). The speed of network access depends on the current load (as in "users + traffic") on the specific access point you are connected to.

Advertisement