Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is weekly Rent Allowance payment received?

Options
  • 21-02-2009 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,
    Does welfare pay it direct to the Landlord bank a/c by direct debit?
    or
    Does the tenant or landlord receive a weekly cheque?
    or
    Does a tenant receive it in their Job seekers benefit payment?

Also if the tenant only applies for the Rent Allowance when they move in how is the backdated Rent Allowance monies paid?
    I have a tenant moving in on Mar 1st and would like to receive this payment with as little complication as possible.
    I'd appreciate any advice.
    Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 headwrecked

the tenant gets the rent allowance either into their bank account,by cheque or they can collect it in the post office,depending on if its weekly or monthly.social welfare only pay in arrears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 howie2008

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

I think it depends on the landlord. I'm on weekly rent allowance and council pays it straight to the landlord.

Ya there seems to be confusion over how its paid. Welfare.ie and 'headwrecked' say its by cheque to the tenant. Paying to me the landlord will only get messy as the tenant will be asking did i get the allowance this week and not the previous week etc...and the payment dialogue will be ove and back. Red tape etc... Ugggh. Hopefully the tenant receives it in my case and just sets a monthly direct debit. Welfare tends to behave in illogical ways.
    Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

yeah it can be a pain in the ass.

Have you sorted all your forms out yet? You can always have a chat with the welfare officer from your area and see what can be done about it.

For me, as I said, weekly allowance is sent straight to hte landlord, which works better for me. It means that if anything goes wrong its between the council and my landlord....not my problem at all....i just have to show up and pay the extra 30 each friday.

good luck to you!

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Does welfare inform you of the date that your first payment will be sent to the landlord. How does the landlord know that he will receive the payment on time and whether you are eligible for the payment for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months etc...? Did you receive a letter stating what day rent allowance would be paid into the landlords account?
    tHX

Advertisement