Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil - Kerosene - Dublin

Options
  • 21-02-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Whats the going rate on Kerosene for home heating oil? It's about to run out, just my luck at this stage of the weekend.

Looking to get 1000 litres, so has anyone been pricing or bought some recently, so I can get on the blower first thing Monday to order.

In Dublin, Blanchardstown area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

You'll find some information here:

http://www.cheapestoil.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

1000 litres of kerosene cost:

€405 - October 2002
    €360 - November 2003
    €566 - March 2004
    €476 - Sept 2004
    €630 - August 2005
    €612 - September 2005
    €544 - December 2005
    €539 - November 2006
    €588 - August 2007
    €616 - September 2007
    €655 - 15 October 2007
    €672 - 31 October 2007
    €707 - November 2007
    €684 - February 2008
    €885 - June 2008
    €425 - February 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

bluepea wrote: »
    I would try BoilerJuice. They will compare prices of suppliers in your area and quote you the cheapest. http://www.boilerjuice.ie

I'd second this. 1000l being delivered tomorrow for €404. Used these the last couple of times and never got a better quote anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Anyone aware of a petrol station or oil depot that sells 20L of home heating oil in or near Dublin. Got a delivery today but was on stand by to fill the jerry can to get us through the weekend. There was a station in Shankill that sold it via a pump but he no long does it and the owner is unaware of any other outlet. And before any one says it, I know I should check regularly to see the level but best laid plans and all the rest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 Gracieh

Hi Happy..
    Did you find somewhere? I have an oil heater and only need about 20 litres of fuel, but getting such a small amount is impossible.
    Kill o the Grange Texaco used to do it, but now Greenapple have taken them over. Sadly they don't address our needs!!! I'll keep looking and writing to the petrol stations to see where it can be sourced...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hello,

Just after seeing this thread now. I have the same needs. Would like to top up my tank every so often with 50 euro of kerosene heating oil. Anyone find anywhere that do it at pumps? Toghers in naas say they do it at pumps on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Hello,

Just after seeing this thread now. I have the same needs. Would like to top up my tank every so often with 50 euro of kerosene heating oil. Anyone find anywhere that do it at pumps? Toghers in naas say they do it at pumps on their website.

Here's some I know -

Toughers, newbridge road, Naas.
    Naas oil, Monread road ind estate.
    Mc Loughlins, Newbridge
    Top Oil (conways) monasterevin rd Kildare
    King oil Athy
    Toughers (i think) in JFK industrial Estate, off Killeen road Dublin 12

Kilcock service station do it also.

Silly question.

Is Kerosene and Kerosene home heating oil the same thing? Is there two types of kerosene?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

aztrix wrote: »

Link doesn't work and what does schoolbooks have to do with Home heating oil? Seems odd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement